cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addons being added to my account without permission?

jezebeltash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill has been the same for years now, and for some reason this month I was charged $1.50 for text addons and another $1.50 for minutes. I don't know why, according to my account 0 texts & calls have been sent/made (it's an emergency phone for my elderly father), and he has had it off for the last two weeks. 

These two things should be included in my plan, and when I look at add-ons there aren't any filled out, and nothing shows valued at $1.50 or $3.

Does anyone know what is happening here or how I can cancel it?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chukdefatey 

The final decision isnt in yet but despite basic contract law the CCTS is siding with the provider for those who recieved a text or email notification. For those who didnt recieve notice their complaints are being forwarded to a regulatory commitee. This decision as it stands means as a customer you have no meaningful terms of service....while you agree to the terms of service the provider does not have to uphold the terms of service on their part. Its a one sided contract. However on principle I have refused the pay off to settle the complaint and will exercise my right to seek redress elsewhere. I will also be filing a submission for the call for comment from the CRTC that will be reviewed and taken under consideration for the upcoming hearings reviewing the WCC and the CCTS in early 2023. The deadline for the call of commentary is July 19th 2022.

https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/mobile-plans/en/proposed-policy-direction-crtc-competition-affordab...

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  Any update regarding your CCTS Complaint.   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chukdefatey 

The expired credit card is a tough one but I would imagine that would be a card issuer problem vs the provider. That's the very reason I don't have any preauthorized payments set up....you might as well just order them a supplementary credit card. And fido........grrr!🐕

While I am prepared to follow thru with a CRTC complaint and a Competition Bureau complaint I am starting with the basics....breaking the terms of service.  I didn't write them. Public Mobile did since they are written to favour the prepaid provider and I must follow them then it's only reasonable (unlike this 30% rate hike) to expect my provider to follow them as well. Pretty simple really.....but when is anything simple with pm?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

chukdefatey

@darlicious  Yeah CCTS will except a complain but that doesn't mean they will rule in your Favour.

One of my complain with CCTS was how Bell Mobility was able to charge my EXPIRED credit card for three straights months.  My Credit Card company was surprised as to how they were able to do it but they couldn't help me with Disputing the charges because they said because I had authorized pre authorizated payments so I had given them consent. Then I reached out to CCTS, Bell's office of the President team reached out to me regarding the CCTS complain but said they are not willing to reverse the charges because I had given them consent then after 90 or so days CCTS reached out to me and said they ruled in Bells Favour because I had given Bell consent to take payments from my Credit Card. They just wouldn't even come to terms that my Credit Card had expired but they kept saying because I had given them permission to charge my credit card there is nothing they could do for me. So don't get your hopes up with CCTS.

Then I had another one against Fido then again they Ruled in Fido's Favour.

So I wish you Good Luck with your complain. Also Good Luck to OP, all they will say is here is the evidence of Sent Text with a 30 day notice of Price Increase so unfortunately they can't help you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chukdefatey 

The CCTS has accepted my complaint to further investigation so we will see...?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

chukdefatey

@darlicious Unfortunately there is nothing CCTS can do if OP was provided a 30 days notice of increase.

Even when you are 100% in the right CCTS in most circumstances can't help you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jezebeltash 

The 30% rate hike to your $10 50/50 legacy plan is unjust and unreasonable and as such it is perfectly within your rights to complain to public mobile regarding it as well as file a complaint with the CCTS. I suggest you exercise these rights before changing plans or providers.

In this regard you must contact customer support via private message to file a complaint letter before filing a complaint with the CCTS.

You may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

I think you are thinking of Freedom Mobile and I think they have that option but it is very bare bones

@jezebeltash wrote:

Thanks guys - I was afraid of that. Is the $99 annual prepaid plan gone now? 

Public Mobile has never had annual plans. The longest plan duration was 90 days (but those are no longer available).

@jezebeltash   $99 annual plan?  Isn't that with Freedom Mobile? Haven't heard of one with PM.

jezebeltash

Thanks guys - I was afraid of that. Is the $99 annual prepaid plan gone now? 

@softech   Another customer (last week, I think) provided a screenshot and yes, strangely,  that's how PM is billing the price increase.  SMH!

@jezebeltash   @dabr   was correct.  the grandfather $10 is now $13.  PM usually break down the plan into different entries.  So, the $13 plans is now broken into $10 , $1.50 and $1.50

@dabrI was wondering about that the $10 to $13, too. But PM usually do not break it down to 50 cents.  would make more sense if PM breaks it into $2 and $1.  hope OP will come back with screenshot

jezebeltash

Capture.PNG

This is it here. The previous months are how I've been billed since 2019, this is the first time something like that has come up. Thank you!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jezebeltash   Sounds like you're on the discontinued $10 plan which had a price hike of 30% ($3) effective April, 28th and the that's how the increase is broken down according to another customer who also wondered about the two $1.50 charges.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jezebeltash   this shouldn't happen at all.  Also, there is no small amount like this for PM to charge

Can you show us the transaction from the Transaction history? 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

If there is such a charge, it will be there.  Please post us the screenshot

Need Help? Let's chat.