cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connection

MCT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been having issues since June 30th, when for some reason my "auto pay" account was suspended, even when manually "topping the account up" it just kept the money in the balance. Robot Sim, finally got it to work and the account was unsuspended, but still the network connections are not working, most of the time it says network not available and I have to manually go in and try to reconnect to the network, may stay for a bit then drops again..no service. 

I have had it to a tech and he can't figure it out. It all started with the suspended account (that was on auto pay and has worked for over a year) 

Very frustrated SamsungA70

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MCT 

Seeing as even the tech is stumped this list may be redundant but still serves as a checklist. If even reprovisioning the sim card has not worked then determine by testing the sim card in another phone and vice versa whether its a device issue or a sim card issue. If its the sim card then the fix is easy just buy a new one and swap it out. If its the device then.....? Back up your data and a factory reset?

1. Reboot your phone. ( You should do this once a week anyways.)
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Check the SIM card for dirt or damage and gently clean with a little alcohol and a cotton swab. After 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM slot. Use a paper shim or a little tape to secure it in slot/tray. Reinsert in the phone and reboot.
  4. Put your SIM card in another phone to see if it works and/or the other slot of a dual sim phone and send a text. Then return the SIM to the original phone to see if the issue is still there.
  5. Perform a network reset.
  6. Clear the cache of the troublesome apps.(Try safe mode) Perform device maintenance.*
  7. Add a payment of at least $1 to your account balance.**
  8. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.***
  9. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message to reprovision the sim card and reset your account.

*Will not help reprovision.

**Will not help a poor connection.

***Caution : Using lost/stolen w/active service even briefly will cause rewards to not apply upon renewal. You must contact the CSA's after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually. Also will not help a poor connection.

MCT

I have opened a ticket as well

MCT

New hear so I don't know why it shows a solution?? I must have hit something by mistake.

Hi @MCT done but not working ?  u opened a ticket with CS agent and have them to check on their end yet?

MCT

That's been done

Hi @MCT did you test you sim card in another phone?

Also check device status to confirm you phone is not blacklisted 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

MCT

Have done all of those things. Had a tech look at it as well. Nothing

MCT

Thanks I have sent a private message. Not in Ottawa area.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MCT 

A few other basic troubleshooting advice;

Restart your phone

Network reset of phone

Remove SIM card and try in another working phone. See whether it works. Then re-insert into your original phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@MCT hi are you in the Ottowa area, they are having a lot of maitenance issues,manually set to 3g , you can coontatact csagent to get them to look into it for you 

to contact a cs agent 

1. hi you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.