cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a New Phone to Profile

adam_eaton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

trying to add a second phone to my account profile and the chatbot says I need to navigate to "profile" section and select "add a device".  I cannot find this link in the profile section. 

When I try to select a new activation subscription from the main page, it requires me to log into my account and then states that I already have an account and I can navigate to "add ons" section.  However, this section does not link to adding a new device.  very confusing!

Do I need to create a new account for each device?

Thanks in advance

Adam 

6 REPLIES 6

@adam_eaton wrote:

Hello

The current phone on the profile is for my wife.   I am moving my phone and porting the number (hopefully) to Public Mobile now as well.   So I guess i need a separate account profile for each phone?

Correct.  Each phone/number needs its own separate account profile.

adam_eaton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

The current phone on the profile is for my wife.   I am moving my phone and porting the number (hopefully) to Public Mobile now as well.   So I guess i need a separate account profile for each phone?

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you trying to add an Alternate number to your profile? As if someone they can contact if they cannot reach you. 

TheSterlinger_0-1707231298005.png

Unless if you want to have another phone number on your account as a second line, each phone number must have a separate account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@adam_eaton 

If you new phone requires a new phone number, you will need to set up a separate account.  Each phone number needs a separate email login/account.  

If you are just changing phones, just switch SIM card between the phones. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot have multiple phones on One account.

Each account is independent thus you have to create new account, buy new SIM and activate using unique email. You can use the same credit card for all your accounts.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@adam_eaton 

each account needs a separate sim and a separate email address. No family type plans here.

Need Help? Let's chat.