cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding U.S. Data (But Did Not work) - Refund Add-on Charge

l_chow44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a refund process for adding data (in this case, U.S.A.).  I was in the San Fransisco airport and added the U.S. data package to try and send an SMS; however, the SMS was unable to send (even after playing with all the settings on the phone, restarting the phone, etc. after adding the package).  Upon arrival back to Canada, the SMS sent after connecting to the Public Mobile network.  Therefore, would like to recoup the $8 charge as it is no longer necessary.  For comparison, I was able to add a U.S. talk package and briefly used it to accesss my voicemail.

Is there an easy process to facilitate a refund?

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@l_chow44 as @ShawnC13 noted, the US Roaming Data add on will not help you send SMS or even MMS messages, you need the US Roaming Text add-on for that (and both mobile data and data roaming enabled in the case of MMS).  The US Roaming Data add on would have enbabled you to use data-based messaging apps such as iMessage (but only between two iDevices with iMessage delivery enabled), WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat, Skype, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you would need to discuss the details with the moderator team.  did you do teh two step process for adding teh sms plan? 

could you possibly post a screenshot of your payment history?  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@l_chow44 wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a refund process for adding data (in this case, U.S.A.).  I was in the San Fransisco airport and added the U.S. data package to try and send an SMS; however, the SMS was unable to send (even after playing with all the settings on the phone, restarting the phone, etc. after adding the package).  Upon arrival back to Canada, the SMS sent after connecting to the Public Mobile network.  Therefore, would like to recoup the $8 charge as it is no longer necessary.  For comparison, I was able to add a U.S. talk package and briefly used it to accesss my voicemail.

Is there an easy process to facilitate a refund?

Sounds like you purchased the wrong add-on. Too send SMS while in the States you would have needed the texting add-on not data.  You purchased two seperate US roaming packages?  You probably would have been better off with the talk text and data package for $20

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.