cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons

Shorty56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for a 20.00 us add on while in Palm Springs from Canadian. It has been charged on my credit card but it is not working 

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @Shorty56   are you on iPhone or Android?  You know how to manually change the Network provider to T-Mobile or AT&T?  Let us know and we can try to walk you through if all you want is to get connected first.  

Or , if you are not far away from TMobile or AT&T store, head over there and ask them to help.  Sometimes, there are nice people there and they will help.

Again, you need to get onto one of the 2 networks (TMobile or AT&T) for the roaming to work.

@Shorty56 

Are both of you still driving and not far from where?

Try rebooting (power off then power on the phone) your phone and go to your phone setting and manually pick AT&T or T-Mobile in your Cellular Network Selection.

As for the refund, you need to contact a CS_Agent to arrange a refund but it may take up to 30 days.

HI @Shorty56   I saw your post yesterday, too... was it not resolved yet?

First logon to My Account and see if you see a $20 there in the Available Fund.

If so, there is nothing you need to do , the "second" purchase was just a loading of fund, you didn't really buy it

if you  don't see the $20 in Available Fund, check the transaction history and see if you really bough the add-on twice.  if so, open ticket with PM Support.   Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. Type "Wrong Add-on / plan purhcased"
  2. Then click "Contact Us"
  3. and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shorty56 : Like from your other thread, can you tell us all the item lines listed when you click on Plan Details. Screenshots of course would be vastly better starting just below your phone number. And maybe the left side of your overview page too.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shorty56 

If you purchased 2 of the same add-ons for Roaming, it won't work.   You will want to reach out to the Customer Support Agents.   They will reverse the charges for one of them, likely either refunding your payment card or placing the funds into your Available Funds (for future use).

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

OK @Shorty56 , let's help you through this.

Did you newly activate a service with Public Mobile?   Can you confirm when and what plan?   

I'm guessing you are IN the US and want to use talk and text.   Is that correct?

When purchasing a US Roaming Add-On, you need to add the funds, then select the add-on.   Then, connect to the T-Mobile or AT&T network under your device's network connections.  They try rebooting your device.

Shorty56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m I. The us and I bought  the 20 talk text plan I paid twice for it. So not sure how to get my money back. 
second I’m from Canada I paid for the plan when I arrived two days ago and it is not working I’ve tried everything they say on line to do. I’m older and really need help with this. It is making me crazy. My husband says that’s not a far drive😂. Please please help. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Shorty56 

Seems like you purchased the "Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle".   

Please try rebooting your device and ensuring you can view the purchased add-on under your Plan Details in your self-serve.   If you are connected to the T-Mobile network under your network connections, yet you STILL DO NOT HAVE services, contact the Customer Support Agent for confirmation.

Public Mobile released this notice a few weeks ago regarding Roaming add-ons, I hope this hasn't impacted you:

Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, some United States (U.S) carriers will begin turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks in the U.S. As a result, some customers using U.S. roaming add-ons may be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shorty56 : Connecting to AT&T will not allow talk. You need to connect to T-Mobile.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shorty56 

Did you purchase a Roaming add-on or the regular add-on for calling in Canada?

If it is the Roaming add-on, just reboot your phone by powering off your phone then power back on and manually select AT&T or T-Mobile in Cellular Network Selection.

If is just a regular add-on, you should cancel the add-on by contacting a CS_Agent right away and make a Roaming purchase.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shorty56   which US add-on you got?  

If you login to My Account, first thing, do you see $20 or $0 on Available Fund? 

If you see $20 there as Available Fund, you just have loaded the fund but did not make the purchase, please go back to the Add-on Purchase page to pick the add-on and buy it.  No worry, PM won't charge you again, it will use the money from your Available Fund towards your purchase

If you see $0 there as Available Fund , then check the Plan details page and see if you can find the add on there : https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

If you see the add-on there, good.  Now, make sure you do manual network selection and choose AT&T or T-Mobile and see if it works.  It should connect to one of the 2 network.   

if your roaming add-on has data, make sure you enable Roaming data on your device.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Shorty56 

Buying an add on is a 2 step process. You add the funds and then you now need to go in and make the purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.