cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons and bonuses accessibility if I have no plan

hhanjoura
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering what happens to the Add-ons and holiday bonuses of free data that I have collect if I pause my actually data plan for a couple months while out of the country. I want to shut off data for roaming purposed and the lack of usage needs, but am I able to use the data I have collected in the week prior to going if I have my plan shut off by then? My payment for a new month is due a week before I plan on leaving, so I was thinking of just not paying that week and waiting until my return, but are my add-ons and bonuses still accessible for usage if I have no plan?

17 REPLIES 17

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hhanjoura 

I could be misreading your initial post, however unless you've purchased a roaming add-on and you're travelling to the US, your device with the public mobile SIM card will not roam nor be useful in any other country. (unlike postpaid providers, one need not worry about being billed for roaming services outside of Canada with a prepaid carrier like public mobile)

If you will be spending two months out of Canada, you might elect to purchase a local prepaid SIM card so that you can use local calling and SMS and data.

Choice is yours.  Happy travels!!!

@Yummy 

If I put you on the ignore I will not recieve any private messages from you nor would I be aware of any. If I take you off the ignore there is no trace if any messages you sent me in my account. Only you would have the original message sent. You also get no notification that you are on or off the ignore.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy : More semantics...post...not thread.

Ah, so it is a link to particular post. Clear!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : More semantics...post...not thread. You could of course copy the url when you open a thread.

I've never been a fan of the ignore function in forums and such. It seems too childish and closing ears yelling la la la to me. Anybody can always "ignore" a post from anybody. Just don't read it. Just don't reply to it.

So I don't know the ins and outs of it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy : Permalink will open a page to the post you clicked it on and then you get an url to copy/paste that will go straight to that post.

Oh, great! Like permanent reference to a thread with useful discussion.

What about Ignore in personal mail? Does it mean that personal mails from that user will be rejected? Will any notice be provided such as 'user XX sent you a note but it was rejected as you are ignoring it'?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Permalink will open a page to the post you clicked it on and then you get an url to copy/paste that will go straight to that post.

Edit: @Yummy : Maybe ask your office-mate. 🙂

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I can still access my old tags I just can't add any new ones except in the Announcements board.

What Mute does? I am afraid to click not to lose interesting posts...

Anybody uses RSS Feed? What that thing is doing?

Permalink?

Yummy_0-1642967296765.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

I can still access my old tags I just can't add any new ones except in the Announcements board.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : What tags? 😞 They do seem pretty focused on making this place harder to use for regulars.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Good point. Loyalty is only affected after more than 60 days of suspension in a row. It is then delayed by the same amount of time being applied to the account for annual increases.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hhanjoura 

An FYI....

Spoiler

You can suspend your service for up to 90 days before having to reactivate your service for at least 30 days at which time you can then suspend for up to another 90 days. However it is recommended to reactivate around day 85 in case you run into any issues....you will then have a few extra days to sort out any problems so you don't lose your account and phone number. Here are your options:

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the end of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Remove your sim card from your phone after call forwarding your pm phone # and put it somewhere safe before you leave Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

@Anonymous 

Weird one of my go to tags just disappeared in the last 6 hours or so....

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons do not expire as long as you have plan with PM. You can suspend your service for up to 90 days. After 90 days your account is closed and number lost.

You should log in at around 88th day pay for the next month.and resume service. This way you will keep all your add-ons and phone number.

I am not sure what is happening with loyalty reward, though...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hhanjoura  - as soon as you go into a nonpay/suspended status, OR list your phone into lost/stolen (which will also prevent future charges from being made if you have a registered card on your account): https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

then, you will not be able to use any of your services included in your plan (calling/texting/data/addons of any type).

Once you go into suspended or lost status, just be sure to make a payment and reactivate a couple days before the 90th.

So, yes you can just not pay on your next renewal and all will be okay to use when you are back (within 90 days).

Anonymous
Not applicable

The add-ons and holiday bonuses will stay on. Promo features on the right hand side may be at risk. YMMV.

You can turn off autopay and the plan shouldn't renew. If you have sufficient balance then you would need to self-suspend.

Then, if you want to keep your phone number and renew a plan, then you need to be sure to pay up before say 85 days.

Suspended accounts will fully drop off after 90 days.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hhanjoura 

You can suspend your services for up to 89/90 days before needing to pay and reactivate your plan. Everything you have accumulated in add ons and rewards will be sitting there in your account waiting for you.

Edit:

You have to have an active plan to use your add ons.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hhanjoura 

For a couple months, you should be just fine.

Your unused domestic data and voice add-ons will remain in your account even if it is suspended for 89 days or less. If your account is suspended for more than 90 days, it will be permanently deleted, and you will lose the phone number, use of your current SIM card, as well as any unused add-ons.

hhanjoura
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dang, actual*, purposes*

Need Help? Let's chat.