cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on: US Roam-Talk Txt 3 GB Data

Elpajane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Hi, I’m travelling to the US and am about to purchase US Roam-Talk Txt 3 GB Data(15d) for $30. My current plan is 20 GB with unlimited Canadian talk and text, unlimited international text and picture messaging. I just want to confirm what will be included in this add-on: will I be able to call other Canadian phone numbers that have travelled to the US as well? Or will there be extra charges involved? I’m also assuming that I cannot call any US numbers with this add-on, since international calling is not usually included in my plan. Thanks in advance for your help!
2 REPLIES 2

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Elpajane  .you will be able to call back to Canada and make make calls in the U.S. , everything should work like you were at home just remember to turn data roaming on in your phone settings and to make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T .you might also want to make sure your phone is supported by voLTE if not voice could be issues for making calls . You can test this by putting your phone network to LTE and make a call does it stay in LTE or drop to 3G on the top of you phone ?if it stays on LTE voLTE is enabled and you shouldn’t have any issues . And enjoy your trip 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Elpajane 

you will be able to call all Canadian and USA numbers while there as well as receive and send texts.

your data will be limited to that purchased through the add-on

Just remember when you arrive to ensure your network is connected to the t-mobile service and roaming is turned on

For calling, you may need to switch your phone down to 2G unless your phone is VoLTE capable.

Need Help? Let's chat.