cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active after 10 days?

Newton99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently with another provider and contract end 10 days later. Can I order the PM plan now and active it after 10 days later? 

4 REPLIES 4

Newton99

I have 2 concerns: 1. If I order the plan now, will they contact my current provider and do transfer my phone number today? If so I will be fined by current provider; 2. If I wait until 10 days later, the promotion plan may gone...

So my ideal way is to order the promo plan now and wait until the sim card arrived then active after 10 days later. Not sure if that works cause I'm new to PM.

Thank you Mayor!

Newton99

I have 2 concerns: 1. If I order the plan now, will they contact my current provider and do transfer my phone number today? If so I will be fined by current provider; 2. If I wait until 10 days later, the promotion plan may gone...

So my ideal way is to order the promo plan now and wait until the sim card arrived then active after 10 days later. Not sure if that works cause I'm new to PM.

Thank you Mayor!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Newton99 

Sorry, you can’t port over to PM at a preset date.

Best to port over about 2 days before your renewal date with your old carrier. Encase you run into porting issues.

PM is offering free SIM and eSIM but the regular SIM may take 3 weeks to arrive.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Newton99 

don't wait till the last day.  Activate before the 10 days as porting can take time , and you need an active account

you can buy a PM sim card from Telus or Koodo store and then activate anytime you want

or you can activate now, ask to ship the sim card to you .  They charge you now but actual plan will start when you got the sim and finish the activation.  But shipping sim can take 3 days to 3 week, so , i wouldn't suggest that way

Need Help? Let's chat.