cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

NovaScotiaNewfi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mom signed up today but her service is not working yet. It's been a few hours.

I forget how long it took for my account took to activate so I could receive calls or call out. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like it is a porting issue (stuck port) the steps have to be followed as above, if you can get back to us with some more info, the community can definitely assist you

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NovaScotiaNewfi 

I am assuming you picked a new number for your mom and she never had a cell phone before.

The phone should work right away once you reboot the phone by holding down the power button and wait 2 minutes then power back on.

If you ported her landline over to PM then it will take up to 3 days to complete the porting but her landline must be active before powering.

Her landline should still work until the porting is completed.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If ported in......from another mobile carrier....did you respond to text from original carrier to allow the port.,

If ported in from a land line....can take up to a week to complete. Can cause split services for awhile. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Without porting activation should be immediate.

If you activated SIM, paid bill, picked new number, try to reboot phone with SIM installed.

Create self-serving account and check status.

If everything looks OK to you but it is still not working, contact agent for assistance and clarification.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @NovaScotiaNewfi  What error you got?  do you see the phone showing it is connected to Public Network? or it is not connected yet?

Give us more details

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NovaScotiaNewfi  - after a new activation it is recommended to restart the phone with the Public Mobile SIM card inside. Also performing a reset of the network settings may be a good idea.

Does the SIM card work in another unlocked, compatible phone?

If it does then, this may mean the phone she is trying to use is locked to its previous provider (contact them to unlock), blacklisted (check here  https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/), or not compatible.

Can she log into her self serve account and confirm it is Active?

If she ported from another provider was it a cell provider? In that case you need to have the old SIM in the phone to approved text from the old provider.

If issues persist or if others who may have more suggestions are still not working, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NovaScotiaNewfi   Activation should be instant.  Only porting might take time

Not sure if you have requested porting, but even that, you should be able to make outgoing calls immediately after activation

First reboot the phone once more time, then check if you can make outgoing calls.  Or check if you see any error message on the phone status like "SIM not provisioned", "No SIM", "No Network".  If you see those error, open a ticket with PM Support, it's a quick fix for them

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

If you did request porting, again, outgoing calls should still work before porting completed.  For the porting process, make sure you got a text from your old provider and you reply them within 90 mins. (So, your old provider sim still still be in a phone to get the text and reply) 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@NovaScotiaNewfi 

Did your mom port a number in? Have you tried rebooting, reinstalling SIM card, resetting network settings? Have you tried her sim in another unlocked phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.