cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure

Matoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I recently tried to activate a new pm account and on the final page of verification the site froze and did not complete. I tried logging in using my credentials but it doesn't recognize my email address. I also tried to activate for a second time but it now says my sim card is invalid. I also contacted koodo( I was porting from them) they confirmed my number has been ported to pm. Both my koodo sim and pm sim have no service so I can't even register for self serve since it wants to send me a text code. I have no clue what to do now. Help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like you've stepped through all the right steps and even tried troubleshooting!  🙂

If your SIM card says invalid and you've talked with the porting folks, perhaps you can reach out to a Public Mobile moderator (staff) who can look into your account/SIM card/etc.  To do this, you can open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot (click on the chat bubble, lower-right corner of your screen) or send a message directly to them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They'll be look into the details of the SIM, your account, etc and will likely ask you for some information to authenticate you.

Curious... what brought you to Public Mobile from Koodo?

Goodluck!  🙂

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like you've stepped through all the right steps and even tried troubleshooting!  🙂

If your SIM card says invalid and you've talked with the porting folks, perhaps you can reach out to a Public Mobile moderator (staff) who can look into your account/SIM card/etc.  To do this, you can open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot (click on the chat bubble, lower-right corner of your screen) or send a message directly to them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They'll be look into the details of the SIM, your account, etc and will likely ask you for some information to authenticate you.

Curious... what brought you to Public Mobile from Koodo?

Goodluck!  🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Matoot 

I would suggest you contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator to complete your porting problem.

Did you leave the old Koodo SIM in the phone and confirmed that you are porting over to PM?

@Matoot 

Check your credit card to see if its been charged. If it has then contact the moderators to complete the set up of your account and service. If you have responded YES to the porting text then your port should still complete but the moderator can also ensure it will complete and instruct you if there is anything further you will need to do. Moderators are still working for about another hour so submitting a ticket sooner would be much better than later so they can hopefully sort you out tonight.

Matoot

Public had a cheaper and more suitable plan for me. 😉

@Matoot 

Yeah they do! Welcome to public mobile. An incomplete account activation happens....the moderators can sort you out quite quickly.

Matoot

Thank you all. I've sent a message to the moderators.

@Matoot wrote:

Hi @Matoot if by now, you have not heard from the moderators, please call the porting team number which I just sent you by private message.  Check the envelope icon on top right of the page.

Good luck

RosieR

@Matoot 

Don't waste the porting department's or your time.....they can not help you. As you have stated that koodo has confirmed your number has been ported successfully. Your issue is your account did not set up correctly. Only moderators can fix this issue as the porting department does not have access to your account.

@RosieR wrote:

@Matoot wrote:

Hi @Matoot if by now, you have not heard from the moderators, please call the porting team number which I just sent you by private message.  Check the envelope icon on top right of the page.

Good luck

RosieR

Hi @Matoot call the porting number I sent you to make sure it is not a porting issue.  All of us here in the forums are just fellow customers.  But the porting number is a direct number to the porting team which are Telus/Public Mobile employees and as such they will be able to tell you right away if it is indeed a porting issue or not.  

Please keep us updated

RosieR