cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure

Matoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I recently tried to activate a new pm account and on the final page of verification the site froze and did not complete. I tried logging in using my credentials but it doesn't recognize my email address. I also tried to activate for a second time but it now says my sim card is invalid. I also contacted koodo( I was porting from them) they confirmed my number has been ported to pm. Both my koodo sim and pm sim have no service so I can't even register for self serve since it wants to send me a text code. I have no clue what to do now. Help please. 

30 REPLIES 30

@Anonymous @ShawnC13 

I know when I first started I got my knickers in a twist being corrected by certain oracle 😉...lol but learned it was for the good of the community as whole. "The community is only as good as the information we provide." I've taken that to heart but I by no means intend to offend when correcting misinformation but I can understand from being in that position that it can be taken the wrong way. Maybe its time for me to bake another pie!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : I'm kinda writing in general to all and sundry that might read this. Not exactly you specifically. As are you. Just wanting to clarify things.

Edit: hmm "get it corrected" implies someone else ie. the select few. No, I was meaning that we can all post a correction to someone else's post. Obviously only employees and Oracles can physically correct a post.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : My point was is that it's incumbent upon all of us to be the check and balance...not just a select few. Obviously we want to do so tactfully so as not to ruffle feathers and to be just generally nice about it. But it shouldn't be up to a select few to do any correcting.

Not saying it is a select few at all.  If anyone sees something that they KNOW is incorrect, get it corrected.  If you aren't sure about the advice you are giving maybe wait a bit and see how others respond it might be a chance to learn something.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : My point was is that it's incumbent upon all of us to be the check and balance...not just a select few. Obviously we want to do so tactfully so as not to ruffle feathers and to be just generally nice about it. But it shouldn't be up to a select few to do any correcting.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Some are correct and some may be a little off but we will get you set in the right direction

Yes and we should all have the equal ability to set those "offs" to on in another post. No one wants incorrect information left standing.

EXACTLY!!!  @Anonymous, I have always said this community is only as good as the information provided.  If we are providing wrong information to community members then this model won't work!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Some are correct and some may be a little off but we will get you set in the right direction

Yes and we should all have the equal ability to set those "offs" to on in another post. No one wants incorrect information left standing.

@Matoot wrote:

I messaged the moderators and they took care of everything. I think it was a sim card error. 

@Matoot great to hear, so as you can see the community can offer many different directions to go in the advice given.  Sometimes it is hard to know which is the correct way to go especially as a new member.  We are all just customers trying to provide advice/help. Some are correct and some may be a little off but we will get you set in the right direction

Matoot

I messaged the moderators and they took care of everything. I think it was a sim card error. 

@Matoot 

Woohoo! Welcome to public mobile! Come to the community anytime you need help or have questions. We are always happy to help.

@Matoot wrote:

Thank you all again for your help. My issue has been resolved! 

Hi @Matoot always good to hear that fellow customer's issue/problem is resolved.  Yay!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Fellow customer,

RosieR

@Matoot 

Excellent, do you mind advising what worked so all can learn from your experience?

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

Matoot

Thank you all again for your help. My issue has been resolved! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Maybe. But I found it in Luddite's image library.

@Anonymous 

I'm pretty sure thats @Lieux .

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : I don't think you need to go to such an extent. We can all provide input as to whether or not someones post is correct or relevant. As you said...we're all customers...and regulars would like the information offered to be correct for the sake of all other customers and lurkers. The Oracles are _not_ the be all end all.

Are you sure? Stay tuned, I'll be in touch to sort it out.

Protection from SIMon's bad vibesProtection from SIMon's bad vibes

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'll jump in 🙂

since the activation failed during set-up then there is an account setup issue.  = mods need to be contacted, telus porting team can not do anything as there is no account to port into.

@Matoot   when contacting the mods include your pm sim card number and your koodo info tel number and account number).    y

I though these type of issues were supposed to be fixed with teh new activation portal @Alan_K tagging you because you helped develop the  new portal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Then whoever is is being of an authoritarian bent relying on some authority rather than also the crowd-sourced support system on offer here. This is not science or the ones with the guns where their authority should be followed (agreeably or not).

@Anonymous 

No they are not but I am not the one insisting on corrections of misinformation to only be done by oracles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I don't think you need to go to such an extent. We can all provide input as to whether or not someones post is correct or relevant. As you said...we're all customers...and regulars would like the information offered to be correct for the sake of all other customers and lurkers. The Oracles are _not_ the be all end all.

Sorry @RosieR  but you have forced me to tag you.... the OP has clearly stated in their original post:

Hello. I recently tried to activate a new pm account and on the final page of verification the site froze and did not complete. I tried logging in using my credentials but it doesn't recognize my email address. I also tried to activate for a second time but it now says my sim card is invalid. I also contacted koodo( I was porting from them) they confirmed my number has been ported to pm. Both my koodo sim and pm sim have no service so I can't even register for self serve since it wants to send me a text code. I have no clue what to do now. Help please. 

@RosieR 

You have stated:

Hi @Matoot call the porting number I sent you to make sure it is not a porting issue.  All of us here in the forums are just fellow customers.  But the porting number is a direct number to the porting team which are Telus/Public Mobile employees and as such they will be able to tell you right away if it is indeed a porting issue or not.  

The telus porting department are Telus employees only they do not have any access to public mobile's customers accounts they cannot help in this situation and this is the reason why the phone number should not be given out when it is not a porting issue as it wastes their time when they can be helping customers that have actual porting issues.

But I know I am only a fellow customer so you can wait for any one of the following oracles to take time out of their busy days to confirm for you that the information I have provided is indeed correct. Of course they are only customers like ourselves but with a few more years under their belt in the community so you can trust them to advise you correctly unless you want confirmation from a pm manager like Melinda_H.

@computergeek541 @Luddite @ShawnC13 @Dunkman @Lieux @NDesai @mimmo @will13am @popping  can inform @RosieR  whether or not I am correct. Sorry to have wasted your time but I am only trying to fufill what has been requested of me by my fellow member.

@RosieR wrote:

@Matoot wrote:

Thank you all. I've sent a message to the moderators.

Hi @Matoot if by now, you have not heard from the moderators, please call the porting team number which I just sent you by private message.  Check the envelope icon on top right of the page.

Good luck

RosieR

Hi @Matoot call the porting number I sent you to make sure it is not a porting issue.  All of us here in the forums are just fellow customers.  But the porting number is a direct number to the porting team which are Telus/Public Mobile employees and as such they will be able to tell you right away if it is indeed a porting issue or not.  

Please keep us updated

RosieR 

@Matoot 

Don't waste the porting department's or your time.....they can not help you. As you have stated that koodo has confirmed your number has been ported successfully. Your issue is your account did not set up correctly. Only moderators can fix this issue as the porting department does not have access to your account.

@Matoot wrote:

Hi @Matoot if by now, you have not heard from the moderators, please call the porting team number which I just sent you by private message.  Check the envelope icon on top right of the page.

Good luck

RosieR

Matoot

@Matoot 

Yeah they do! Welcome to public mobile. An incomplete account activation happens....the moderators can sort you out quite quickly.

Matoot

Public had a cheaper and more suitable plan for me. 😉

@Matoot 

Check your credit card to see if its been charged. If it has then contact the moderators to complete the set up of your account and service. If you have responded YES to the porting text then your port should still complete but the moderator can also ensure it will complete and instruct you if there is anything further you will need to do. Moderators are still working for about another hour so submitting a ticket sooner would be much better than later so they can hopefully sort you out tonight.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Matoot 

I would suggest you contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator to complete your porting problem.

Did you leave the old Koodo SIM in the phone and confirmed that you are porting over to PM?

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like you've stepped through all the right steps and even tried troubleshooting!  🙂

If your SIM card says invalid and you've talked with the porting folks, perhaps you can reach out to a Public Mobile moderator (staff) who can look into your account/SIM card/etc.  To do this, you can open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot (click on the chat bubble, lower-right corner of your screen) or send a message directly to them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They'll be look into the details of the SIM, your account, etc and will likely ask you for some information to authenticate you.

Curious... what brought you to Public Mobile from Koodo?

Goodluck!  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.