cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error 821 but charged

rjardine16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate a new account and received error 821. My old sim card is still working through my old provider and the new sim card is not working. I cant figure out how to make a ticket as they all ask for verification of public mobile account number which I do not have. I checked my bank account and I was charged even though it is not working.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rjardine16 - did you receive the SMS approval porting text on the previous provider's SIM card.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rjardine16 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation. 

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

Please open ticket with PM support  , they will confirm why the amount was charged, and why the sim was not provisioned.  You might want to provide them the account number for your old provider to complete the porting request

Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rjardine16  Open ticket 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.