cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error

casandradana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My boyfriend purchased a Public Mobile sim card and plan through Amazon, used the plan, but didn't actually activate the account within the first month. He is now unable to receive the verification code from Public to create his account, as he cannot receive texts. Is there a way around this, without having to pay for a brand new sim? 

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@casandradana 

you buy it from Amazon plan for Public Mobile with SIM card and when you getting that SIM card from Amazon, is has the SIM card Active or not Active, if so,   you need to contact back to that seller to be activate your SIM card to you getting service Active, after that

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

you need To Create an Account  Public Mobile - Register.

after Register go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account and to Managing everything,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : mmm...yes you're right the wording could have been better. Self-serve account. For that, no it is not required. In-store activations don't create self-serve accounts. But the service works and payments can be made through 611.

@Anonymous wrote:

@casandradana : Sorta kinda not really again. Many people go along buying vouchers and redeem them through the 611 service and never bother with an account. There are a couple benefits of having the account and setting some things up, but not required.

I am just trying to better understand how PM works.

You are saying that one can have full PM service (any plan) but never to have/create a PM self-serve account account?

@casandradana 

One of you just has to go to 7/11 or a Shell station and purchase a voucher to cover his plan amount. Once added thru 611 his service will automatically reactivate and he can finish setting up his self serve account.

@Anonymous  

You still need the the 6 digit code. The owner of CCS was kind enough to text me both of those codes after I entered the phone number to finish creating the self serve accounts. Then I just performed two sim swaps before the end of 2021 came along to gather up all the goodies for my referrals. It took nearly a month for Canada Post to deliver my mail with the sim cards.

Edit:

As above...sheesh!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@casandradana : Sorta kinda not really again. Many people go along buying vouchers and redeem them through the 611 service and never bother with an account. There are a couple benefits of having the account and setting some things up, but not required.

Edit: and just a technicality...you activate a SIM - not a phone. The phone is the radio to connect to the network and the SIM in it connects and is able to get in the door of a particular provider. Which is proven out by the fact that a phone without a SIM can call 911.

casandradana

thank you!! I was just looking at this, I think I will wait for the agent and see if they are able to create the account - otherwise I will try using this, thanks!

casandradana

He had already had purchased the phone, and yes he got a new valid number. essentially you pay for a plan & card combo thru Amazon (verified Public Mobile seller), and activate it on your phone. In order to pay your renewal bill you are supposed to activate a public mobile account online, which he did not do within the first month. 

@softech 

The way I have read the OP's post is the first 30 day cycle has finished but the self serve was not set up. It cant be set up without the 6 digit alphanumeric code being texted to the customers phone. Without service that can't be done so a voucher payment via 611 is the easiest solution to then finish creating the account.

Edit:

accidental triple copy and paste....whoops!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@casandradana : Not really. You have a 90 day grace period where you can pay-up to reactivate. Users mimmo and darlicious have supplied what I think to be the best answers.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Interesting plan from Amazon. How does it work? Did you actually get valid phone number? What are deal conditions? How do you pay your renewal bill?

You definitely have to create PM account if SIM is activated.

casandradana

exactly, he has used up the one pre-paid term - and now that the plan has expired, the sim card is essentially void

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Do you know if the likes of CCS go all the way to making a self-serve account? Or does one still need to create the account like with an in-store activation?

@softech : I interpreted "used the plan" as that they used up the one pre-paid term.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@casandradana wrote:

My boyfriend purchased a Public Mobile sim card and plan through Amazon, used the plan, but didn't actually activate the account within the first month. He is now unable to receive the verification code from Public to create his account, as he cannot receive texts. Is there a way around this, without having to pay for a brand new sim? 

@casandradana   

Those SIM and first month free sold on Amazon could be sold by some Mobile store directly.  They might activated the account ahead for you and send you the SIM activated already.  Did you put in the SIM in a phone and see if already activate and working?   Or you will have to check with the Amazon buyer why it wasn't activate or why it cannot activate.

Can you send us a screenshot with the buyer name on Amazon?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@casandradana 

Here's one of the more cost-effective websites selling PM payment vouchers online. Please feel free to do your own research though, there are plenty of others as well: https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@casandradana 

The quickest way to get your boyfriend's service restored is to go to the nearest retailer that sell pm vouchers. Preferably any of the following retailers sell pm vouchers that are immediately valid are best:

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. Shoppers Drug Mart
  4. 7/11
  5. Circle K
  6. RCSS
  7. Wal-Mart
  8. TMS

Call 611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number then press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN # from the voucher. You will be told if you added a successful payment and a text from 611 confirming it. Your plan will automatically reactivate if it is suspended. Reboot your phone if necessary.

Alternatively you can get RTP (real time payments) at Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for a $1 fee. These payments are added by giving the clerk your phone number. You can also add funds online with ding.com or recharge.com but they have much higher fees.

More info about vouchers contributed by members can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@casandradana  I would just buy a voucher that covers the plan cost that way you can reactivate your account. Once reactivated you can create a self serve account. This method might be easier than trying/answering the verification questions from agents since account is not created and line is inactive

0PX9O4

@casandradana 

611 does also allow payment from a voucher. And vouchers can be bought online. However, now that you've contacted customer service, they will get you access to self serve within a few hours.

All the best! Please keep us posted on the progress of the resolution!

casandradana

When I call 611 it only allows payment with a preregistered credit card - as the account was not activated, there isn't one - and he cannot add one now, as he can't log in. I have sent a message to a CS Agent

0PX9O4

@casandradana 

Please send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can help you create a self serve account.

In the meanwhile, you can still make payment by calling 611 from the PM phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.