cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error and No Customer Service

cdm88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for public mobile and after the payment went through and it was on the final stages of activation I received the following message:

"Subscription Not Activated - Something didn't go right when activating your subscription. Click below to contact a customer support agent."

It's been 3 days now and I have tried several times to contact customer support but after an hour and a half of waiting in the chat each time it goes from being next in line to being 40 something in line. Is this a scam or is there no customer service?!

11 REPLIES 11

cdm88

What worked for me is sending a submitting a ticket to public mobile. I had a customer service representative email me back shortly afterwards and helped me through the whole thing. They had excellent response times, usually replying within a couple of hours. The following is a link to submit a ticket: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Kalvin wrote:

I am in the same spot and its been a week now waiting for support. The Online agent chat keep saying 'No agents are currently available. Please try again later."

Sorry, but there is no online chat to get support.  The live that you speak of is only for the most baisc of sales related questions.  It cannot be used by existing customer to discuss existing account issues.

Kalvin

I am in the same spot and its been a week now waiting for support. The Online agent chat keep saying 'No agents are currently available. Please try again later."

JemZee

I have the same issue has well. I started the activation process on Saturday, was charged but yet I am not able to complete the activation on my mobile with the app. I get the same error message and when I click the link for support, it takes me to aircanada webpage. lol
I have sent a private message to the customer service using the link provided by others, hopefully this gets resolved soon. 

Marls

In the exact same spot as you with trying to activate an account for my mom... 

Amrita-B

Hello, 

Public Mobile is completely legit, I have been subscribed with them for some time now with no issues. With regards to you issue on customer service and their response time I believe this is an effect of the high traffic volume they are experiencing with their black friday and cyber monday sale. Even the app is having some issues due to the high traffic on the  system. 

I suggest you continue reaching out to them and you should get through sooner than later. I too was having some issues with the app but I just kept trying and I got through. Patience is key lol.

Hope this helped!

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @cdm88,

I would suggest submitting a ticket and provide the error message that you received. Here is the link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Additionally, I will send you a direct message with a phone number you can call to help retriggers the port in process of you are stuck. Check your community inbox for details.

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @cdm88 ,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're facing. Public Mobile is a legitimate service, but it seems like there might be an issue with the activation process. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Check Email Confirmation:

• Confirm if you received any email confirmation regarding your subscription. It might contain additional details or instructions.
  2. Try a Different Contact Method:

• If the live chat isn't working, consider submitting a ticket directly to a customer support agent using this link.

Public Mobile is known for its self-serve model, but there should be customer support available to help with issues like yours. Keep trying different channels, and I hope you get it resolved soon. 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cdm88  And are you trying to activate on the app ? You need to not website. If still no luck use this direct link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cdm88 

physical sim or esim? you tried the physical sim in a phone? or check sim manager if it is esim?

You might need agent's help,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:

Need Help? Let's chat.