cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated New Plan and got charged twice

VELL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

New public mobile user. So I activated my SIM today and everything went on smoothly. However, I forgot to add the texting to my phone. So the message went in and told me about it, so I instally went to self-serve and changed my plan to the one with texting.

However I noticed that I got charged again for 90 days of service. I obviously would like to get my money back for the first plan, since I literally used it for like 5 minutes and then changed the plan to a different one. How would I go doing that. Overall I am okay with Public Mobile keeping the money for the next cycle, just want to make sure it's not wasted. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Good morning @VELL,

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Sorry to hear about your situation - as other users have mentioned above, there is no way to edit an existing plan without paying the entire cost of the new plan. Don't worry though, we can definitely look at your options. Since you haven't already, can you please send us a private message?

We look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Hopefully, Public Mobile can get that adjusted for you.

However, keep in mind, the fact that you were charged again for a new plan was by design.  Public Mobile allows customers to change their plans whenever they wish, but any plan that you have already paid for and the time remaining on it is lost.  So, we all have to remember that when trying to change plans.  If in the future you do decide to change plans again, there is an option to make the change take effect only at the time of the next billing cycle renewal.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Unfortunately, when you make a mistake like that you can’t go back and change it yourself without losing your original prepaid plan and payment. It has to go thru a moderator. 

Best thing to do is DM the moderators with your account info, PIN, and an explanation of the issue and they will hopefully be able to sort it out for you. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.