cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate my simcard and Transferring phone number to Public Mobile

cphung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dears,

I have bought a new simcard and would like to activate on my account.  Then transferring my phone number from Koodo to Public Mobile. I tried to activate on the app but it was not successful.

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5

@cphung 

agent usually reply on the same day.  Check the Community inbox often for their reply

if still hear nothing form them tomorrow morning, message them again

cphung

I follow your steps but it is the same. I already sent a message on the link you sent but no one reply me.

@cphung 

try this,   

1. Click Logout on top left of the screen
  2. Wait 5 mins for the system to configure on the back end. 
  3. Then log in again using the Email  and Password. 
  4. The app will then  sends a code to the Email again,.  Enter the code
  5. and you will see the prompt  'Confirm for Full Access' and your Activation will be completed after

if that does not work, open ticket with PM support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

cphung

I port in from Koodo prepaid. I tried to activate on the app and also chose the new phone no but it finally said subscription not activated.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cphung 

are you poring from Koodo Prepaid or Postpaid acocunt?

If you are porting in from Koodo prepaid, you have to activate with a new number first.  Once activation completed and you can make calls and recieve calls, then you will need to open ticket with PM support for a manual porting request.

if you are porting from Kodoo Postpaid,  you canactivate your account by using the PM app (preferred way) or online on PM web site - https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans , pick a plan and click Subscibe.  (Please note you can start from the site but you will still need to download the app to complete the activation after the payment step).   
After the payment step, you will get to the phone number step.  You will request to Transfer your exiting number instead of picking a new number.  Please provide your current phone number and the account number of the old provider as the porting info.

Once activation is completed , still have the old provider sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can put your PM sim card in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.