cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate an eSIM

JArnold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up with Public Mobility and purchased the eSIM however, my previous provider delayed porting my number.  This was done later and I think as a result the eSIM was not activated.  How can I get the eSIM activated without purchasing another?

12 REPLIES 12

@Luddite  thank you. I only use my cell to sign on so I can't do that.

JArnold

Yes, I got a reply I think in 24 hrs.  Which is very long when you are trying to solve a problem.  It came via both an email and then when I logged into my account, the bell.

@Sansan wrote:

@JArnold  I guess everyone has different profile set up? The only way for me to see messages from cs agents under the avatar.  In there  is My profile, My settings, My subscription,  Message and log out.

Some people get the reply by an envelope (I don't have) or a bell.

Did they reply to you yet?

@Sansan  If you reduce font size enough not only does the envelope appear but also all the edit features for replies. On my iPad mini that is 75% while in portrait mode; 85% in landscape. 🙈

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JArnold

Thank you! Everything works now. What an ordeal though.

HI @Sansan 

Envelope or under My Avatar depends on mobile browser or regular browser.  And even regular browser , if the browser windows not wide enough, the envelope icon will still be "gone"

@JArnold  I guess everyone has different profile set up? The only way for me to see messages from cs agents under the avatar.  In there  is My profile, My settings, My subscription,  Message and log out.

Some people get the reply by an envelope (I don't have) or a bell.

Did they reply to you yet?

HI @JArnold 

if you see the envelop besides the avatar, you can simply click on the envelope

or you can use this link to access the inbox

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

JArnold

Hi Sansan,

What do you mean by "click on my avatar" and messages for their reply?  Under my Avatar there is only "Settings" "Profile" "Subscriptions".  I sent a message to a CS Agent.  Do they reply in the same area as this conversation?

Ok sorry. They will fix for you. Just click on your avatar and messages for their reply. I believe they close at 9pm so probably tomorrow morning. 

JArnold

Hi Sansan,

I tried all the ideas you gave.  Nothing worked.  I've submitted a ticket.  I think they need to go in and activate the eSIM.  I don't think I can do it because it just asks me to purchase and activate a new one.  I've already paid for the first and don't want to do that.

I also tried the link you sent and it didn't have anything to match all the things I asked.  I guess I'll wait on a reply to the ticket.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@JArnold did you receive the email with the qr code?

Also check your sim manger if esim is there and turn on this line or make it primary. 

You can start by reboot phone. If that doesn't work, reset networks.

If you still cannot get it going,  once signed into your account, use the chatbot to submit a ticket. 

Or link below.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.