cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account permanently deactivated

bleedblue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was out of the country going through some personal issues and didn't really focus on the 90-day expiry period. 

I now realize that my account expired 10 days ago, and I cant seem to log in. I tried asking for a confirmation code when I clicked "Reset my password" but I received no code on my email. 

Is there any way I can salvage my current phone number? My phone number was originally a Wind mobile number, which I transferred over when I moved to public mobile a 5 years ago.

Any assistance from the community will be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

A terminated account is gone forever. Any funds/credits deposited in the account are gone, any rewards and add-ons and promos attached to it are gone, the SIM card attached to it is permanently deactivated (cannot ever be activated/reactivated or used again), the phone number attached to it is gone (sent back to the pool for some holdover before eventual reassignment).

If you subscribe to Public Mobile then it will be as a "new" customer starting all over again. Any discontinued legacy plans or features (like old Rewards system) you enjoyed before are gone.

On the plus side, Public Mobile often has good or excellent promos "for new customers only". I'm unaware of any at this time but it might be worthwhile to get a PM SIM card (on sale for $5 right now, lol), check the plans and announcements every few weeks, and be ready. Don't forget to use a promo code, if you can find one, and a referral code, if somebody offers one.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

A 90 day suspension also causes you if you wish to return to public mobile to create a new account with a new email address also.  The database for the user names of the my account system is shared with Koodo, and he email previously used is the unique identifier for the account record in that database.

The database was programmed poorly. The unique identifier should never be a part an email address.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bleedblue 

Unfortunately, once you pass the 90 days of nonpayment. Your account will be closed, SIM rendered useless and your number will be returned to the carrier that issued the number. In this case, it will be Freedom.

If it was a Koodo or Telus number then there is a slim chance you can retrieve it back but double check your number on whose your number belong to:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-carrier-lookup 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@bleedblue 

You would have to go talk to freedom mobile to see if you can retrieve your number from their hold number pool. If you plan on porting it back to pm I wouldn't mention it when activating a cheap plan with them to get your number back. Prepaid plans are not refundable postpaid plans are prorated but read the fine print before signing up. Good Luck!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bleedblue if just missed by 10 days, there is a very slight chnce you can get the number back, but you will be on the new rewards system and start on the reward s all over again.  Please open open ticket with PM support as advised by @LitlLdy as soon as possible.

Please come back and give us good news:)

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@bleedblue wrote:

Hello,

I was out of the country going through some personal issues and didn't really focus on the 90-day expiry period. 

I now realize that my account expired 10 days ago, and I cant seem to log in. I tried asking for a confirmation code when I clicked "Reset my password" but I received no code on my email. 

Is there any way I can salvage my current phone number? My phone number was originally a Wind mobile number, which I transferred over when I moved to public mobile a 5 years ago.

Any assistance from the community will be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you

@bleedblue , as far as I know once you’ve gone past 90 days without making a payment on your account your account gets permanently closed & your phone number gets released back to the original provider “Wind Mobile” ! You would need to purchase a new SIM card & set up a new account with a new phone number! Sorry. You can still try your luck & submit a support ticket to a CSA & ask but I really don’t think it can be done.

Also, were you on the old rewards system?

Edit:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.