cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deleted and lost phone number?

bowman_clinton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a notification to setup payment on my a account, the next day I try to Pay and the account is terminated? Also lost of my phone number? That is critical right awaiting important calls for Cancer treatments and job interviews.

I just wanted to setup auto pay, and I couldn't because the servers weren't allowing me to login. 

This seem completely unfair.

How can we fix this?

27 REPLIES 27

bowman_clinton

Yes I've been a Freedom customer before then...main thing is I don't want to lose my number, how can I recover it?

Why would the port not go through?

bowman_clinton

interesting, I remember seeing a notification about my freedom bill, which is strange, because it did port successfully over to Public. The rep said it would cancel Freedom once the port was changed, and I didn't need to cancel Freedom.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

If your port failed then after 30 days pm will assign you a new number. Can you check in your settings under About Phone if it lists a different phone number than your own?

Edit:

Have you been a freedom customer since March 2019?

I now wonder if your port failed. Is your freedom account still active? Does the freedom sim still work?

bowman_clinton

a month ago, I ported my number from Freedom mobile, it appeared to work fine for the past month with full services.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

Did you choose a new number or port one in? If you ported from which provider? Did you have full services with your pm Sim card?

bowman_clinton

yes mine looks similar, but when I press *611 the message says they are closed, it seems to think I'm a customer from before March 2019, which I'm not, I'm only a 1 month new customer. 

bowman_clinton

I did try to top up directly from the Store and also on the MuskBird.com payment, yet they both bounce back.

March 2019 is the message for customer before then, but I'm a new customer, only had the service for 1 month, and just want to recover my number at this point.

bowman_clinton

Tried it, they accepted my Pay Pal payment, but then minutes later saying they cancelled the request. 

Probably due to some reason linked to this... CS Agent is saying the phone is linked to Koodo, but I never signed up with Koodo, I have a Public SIM card.

@darlicious- So you've said this a couple times and maybe I've forgotten your answer if I've already asked...are you sure muskbird does RTP? Have you tried it? Are you sure it doesn't just send a voucher pin?

I had a similar experience at a Mobil. But I was able to stop the process because I clued in on what he said. The proper process is that he asks your phone number and then you pay. It's confusing when they also sell vouchers and they think that's what you want.

You said in your other thread that your account just recently stopped working. You've also said something about March. When did you last pay? Try the toll free number already provided and see what the recording says. I tend to think your account may have fully deactivated from 90 days of suspension.

Or...did you have a credit card fraud problem recently and maybe the bank reversed some charges, including this one.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

I just called the number and it doesn't ring. You get an automated voice welcoming you to Public Mobile and you will be prompted to enter your 10 digit phone number. Then you press (1) and (1) again to enter the 12 digit PIN #. Your voucher should look similar to this one in the voucher catalogue......( I don't think I have one from Esso?!!)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/td-p/479165/page/3#M343...

bowman_clinton

I tried calling from a different phone and it doesn't even ring...is Public mobile shutting down? Sure seems like it...I just want to talk to a customer service, and get this sorted...almost at scam level.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

Do you have access to another phone? Or can you download textnow and use it to call 1 855 4PUBLIC?

bowman_clinton

Yes I just bought two, for 50 bux, but I can't top off with *611 or able to login to the website.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

Do you have public mobile vouchers?

bowman_clinton

Not real-time just sold me cards with a receipt with a pin, now I have no way to pay off my phone. 611 doesn't work and can't even login to pay. Worst service ever, surprised it's still in operation.

bowman_clinton

*611 doesn't work, says it's be stopped since March or something...the link also doesn't work

It was a bad idea to switch to public nothing but headaches and now I can even get my phone number back and I'm expecting very important calls.Horrible service 

bowman_clinton

I went an only sold me two cards for 50, no real time update

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

When self serve and 611 are undergoing maintenance the only option to pay and reactivate your account is thru instant top ups online by muskbird.com or RTP (real time payments) available at Canadian Tire gas bars and Esso or Mobil stations for a $1 fee.

Here are your other options for payment other than credit cards......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Self serve usually comes back online around 5am to 6am eastern.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you find a Mobil gas station? They offer the real time payment option.

bowman_clinton

Last active a day ago, but the system appears to be under maintenance when pressing *611, I can't even get into my account, or renew my password.

bowman_clinton

I just had it deactivated for one day, and when I press *611 it says the system is under maintaince...hopefully it will be fixed soon so I can have service again?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

- If account has been suspended due to no pay for 90+ days, account is closed forever, number lost.

- If you port phone out account is immediately closed.

Call your number from other phone and see what message do you get.

Agent cannot help you out restoring account. You would need new SIM, activate it, etc., etc.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton...

has your account been Suspended for 90 days or more ? If so, you'll need a new sim to start a new account...with a different email address.

When was you previous last renewal ?

When you dial 611 with the cell phone...what message do you hear ?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bowman_clinton 

Try logging in again into your account. Clear your browser cache first and then go incognito.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bowman_clinton 

When was it last active?

If inactive for greater than 90 days, then yes, it is completely deactivated.

If not, then log onto self-serve and pay the funds necessary to reactivate the account.

You can also 'test' the number by calling it from another device, and check account status by dialing *611 from the device with the PM SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.