cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issue ??

cadieuxal007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I'm having network in British Columbia,  anyone else??? 

15 REPLIES 15

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No issues x 3 .... location Pitt Meadows. 

Missash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m in Northern BC. Having issues as well. I can call, but when I do the other person can’t hear me, then within a few seconds it cuts out. Just started an hour ago. Not sure what’s happening 

DPostnikoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am actually having the same problem. Live south central BC - in the West Kootenays and changed phones from an Samsung S10 to S20.  I can text/call one minute then the next nothing and says failed or no network. I just tried changing to 3G and still failing to text.  All my family has PM and they are fine.  Trying calling my phone and goes to voice mail - not even ringing. if i turn on/off airplane mode it will work for a bit then loses network connection.  Never had this problem before.

cadieuxal007

Thanks I was sure something was going on.

@cadieuxal007   Telus outage page showing problem in Masset, BC area and affecting Home Phone at the moment

But who knows, maybe it affects some network towers too

you want to open ticket with PM support and have them to further investigate?

Just open a ticket via Chatbot for PM Support :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@cadieuxal007 

Do you know if other Public Mobile customers in your vicinity are also experiencing similar network issues? (if you know of any...)

Check outages here:

TELUS Service Status

cadieuxal007

I'd say it started yesterday,  not stable.

cadieuxal007

I doubt it , I never had issues until this cold came. 

@cadieuxal007   you always have solid connection there and just having issue tonight or lately?

try using 3G Only and see how it goes

yes freezing cold could be a reason as there could be equipment issue

cadieuxal007

Rural, on haida gwaii

@cadieuxal007 

Are you near the US Border?

Make sure your network connections are set to Manual, and select Public Mobile as provider.

Perhaps your device is 'attempting' to choose a US-based mobile network provider ???

@cadieuxal007   it could be you have problem with the LTE network in your area

Try to change your Preferred network type to 3G Only and see if the phone connects and stay connected

And, are you in rural area now or more like in city?

cadieuxal007

I am near the coast, since yesterday its freezing cold, maybe that's why ? 

cadieuxal007

Well it's actually very bizarre, sometimes I have network inside for a while then no more network available.  Data isn't working at times,  calls is fine while on network. 

Just went outside and I had no network lol and came back in its back but no internet. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cadieuxal007   can you explain what you got?  give us more details

can you call out? receive incoming call? text in and out? mobile data?

is your phone even connected to the network?

did you try reboot the phone?

did you try reseat the sim card?

do you have another phone around to test the sim card?

can you check your connection again in another area?

Need Help? Let's chat.