cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancellation

Jackie86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Koodoo was to cancel my Public mobile account on May 18, 2022. I just noticed public has been taking payments out of my account in June, July, August and now September. Please ensure this account is cancelled and I'm reimbursed the payments from June to Sept 2022 asap. I do not have the phone number associated with this account. You can reach me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

OTOH, why not just contact customer service and ask them to remove it completely? My thinking is that would be the easiest and logical course of action, right?

musicollector

Oh, wow! I did not know that! It pays to be active on this forum as it will pay forward! Now I know.

What a silly system! I have never heard of any other service where the customer does not have the power to take certain actions that are taken for granted! But, where would I get an "empty" gift card number? I do not use gift cards.  Can I use the number from an expired/closed credit card?

@musicollector wrote:

I believe the easiest thing to do is to remove your card from your account. Once that is done, you have choked off the payments at the source 😜

@musicollector- Unfortunately, with the new system, we can't remove the card. All we can do is change it and turn off autopay. So change it to an empty visa gift card.

musicollector

And, I see PM has one of the fastest customer service response I have ever seen! I am truly impressed. And,what do you know - they are even polite and courteous!!! That is a basic characteristic of any customer service, sadly, absent in many other cases. 

musicollector

I believe the easiest thing to do is to remove your card from your account. Once that is done, you have choked off the payments at the source 😜

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jackie86 

Did you port your phone number to koodo? If you did not put your number to koodo then you are responsible for removing your payment card so that it will suspend for non-payment and be canceled 90 days later. Otherwise you can ask for it to be canceled by writing to public mobile as per the terms of service.

If you did port your number successfully to koodo but left your auto pay enabled before porting and public mobiles payment system has continued to charge your credit card then yes contact customer support and request a refund. Otherwise has no obligation to refund you the payments however they may consider it and offer you a refund is a goodwill gesture since you are still within the Telus family. But that is very YMMV.

musicollector

Yes. I am VERY impressed by the speed of their responses.

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jackie86 

send a private message to CS_Agent
to help you

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are all in and out services working properly at Koodo? Are you able to login to your old Public account? Did you confirm the text from here for the transfer back in May when you signed up with Koodo?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jackie86    You're sure that you're paying for two accounts (Koodo and PM)?  That shouldn't have happened once the number was successfully ported out but you now need to submit a ticket to customer support and ask them to remove your payment card and ask for a refund for those months.

Use chatbot to submit a ticket here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send private message to CS_Agent, if unable to submit a ticket, here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  BTW, use the down arrow top right of your post and click edit, then delete the number from it as you're on an open public forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.