cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account active but no service

mickleja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi-

I activated my account yesterday but I am still not able to use phone or text. When I activated my account I don’t think my phone number was ported over from my previous carrier. I believe it had to be authorized but I can’t seem to get an answer from anyone. Had this happened to anyone? How did you get it fixed?
Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

mickleja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mickleja 

did you got a text from you old provider?  did you reply Yes within 90 mins?

there is actually a number to call and get the porting status.  Let me message you the phone number.  Check your Community inbox for my message

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mickleja 

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If past the allotted time to port OR you missed the SMS approval text (if was a cell/mobile port), submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mickleja 

Did you receive the port confirmation text from your old carrier and respond yes?  If not, your port likely failed.  However, if your port failed, you should still be able to call and text out (outgoing).  Just not able to receive calls or texts (incoming).  What about data?  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset of phone.  Also, can try your SIM card in another working phone. That helps determine whether PM service issue versus hardware issue

Need Help? Let's chat.