cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Swap?

Xmas_Angel_Eyes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A friend of mine used my phone mths ago. Putting her SIM Card *(Public Mobile) in my Samsung S21 + 5G, she did this a few times without errors/ issues. 

Now, I've made the switch to Public Mobile, set up my account, picked an awesome plan for $34/mth and waited for my SIM to come in the mail. 

I logged in to MY account, it says no plan, no SIM, nothing... looks like a blank profile, after I set it all up. 

So I contacted CS and they advised to activate SIM on account it's popping up on, which happens to be my friends account, which I can't log into without her password. But I'm told that's where the SIM card is and I asked if I activated it, wouldn't it knock out her current service?? 

I don't know what to do!!!! Please help!!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Xmas_Angel_Eyes

Had to help a friend, didn't know it was going to make such an issue 

Xmas_Angel_Eyes

Yes, she used my phone MONTHS ago for like overnight pretty much. Her account was deleted, data & cache cleared then uninstalled the app completely. It didn't recognize anything when I went to sign up. I'm now on my second SIM card and still no good. And they've deleted her account even. 

Xmas_Angel_Eyes

Yes, I went ahead and did everything via the App. Created an account, selected my plan and free SIM and then paid. Waited for SIM card to come and followed the instructions to a 'T' and it let me add the SIM during activation. I did not encounter any errors. I went thru all steps until it said complete and that I could put my New PM SIM in my phone. (I was porting my  number - which I did respond to text). 

And yes, my friend used this same device. But it was months and months ago. I cleared cache & data then deleted the App after she used it. 

Xmas_Angel_Eyes

I do have the SIM now. But showing up as registered under friends profile. Which I couldn't have done without logging into her account, which I don't have password for. I'm also trying to port my number. And last CS_Agent I spoke to told me to activate PC SIM but leave old SIM in phone until further notice. I have no idea. But I somehow got charged 3× $34+TX.

Xmas_Angel_Eyes

Yes, I was logged into the account I set up for myself *(NOT my friends) when I selected the subscription plan and ordered the SIM Card as I had to enter all my shipping and billing info for the auto top up anyways. So that all was done last week. Yesterday my SIM came in the mail, I went to my newly created account, but there was no option to activate. So eventually ended up with Customer Service and they advised the SIM number is not associated with my account. And to just go ahead and activate it, although it may knock my friend out of service, as it's tied to her account. So when I tried to activate it, I got all the way through to the end (on my account) and it showed a quick overview and somehow, I was in my friends account suddenly. So messed up. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Xmas_Angel_Eyes   When you set up your account did you use the app and did you get to the point of paying?  Did your friend access her account from whatever device you are using to set up yours?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Xmas_Angel_Eyes  you need the sim card in hand to activate on the app make sure you using a different email then your friend is .and don’t use the same device to log into each other accounts . Makes it easier 

Need Help? Let's chat.