cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account PIN number

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible to ask the Moderators to change your account PIN number to a new one, of your choosing?

33 REPLIES 33

Thanks for everyone's input and knowledge replies.  It was greatly appreciated and not forgotten.  Have a great evening everyone! Thanks again for all your efforts! 

@RosieR  @computergeek541  @hTideGnow  @Anonymous  @Spudster 

@macsal 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RosieR wrote:

@Quigley wrote:

@macsal , Your very knowledgeable about things around here. I'll never deny that. Just looking for some oracle input.

Hi @Quigley ooooh you are hurting some forum regulars' ego. 🤣🤣🤣

@computergeek541 please help this customer.  Thank you very much sir 😊

RosieR

That's hilarious, @RosieR  - playing into the OP's affinity for Oracle input vs that of the Public Mobile SIMon chatbot itself which gives the answer for them.   

I wonder how they think a customer who FORGET's their PIN# would be handled.  "Sorry, you had to remember that, you're out of luck now.  We can't help."   LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Quigley wrote:

@macsal , it's not that. I just want two cents from an Oracle. Always good to get a second opinion.

Oracles aren't always right. I do make mistakes, but yes, you can must ask a moderator to change your account PIN.

See...not always right (entirely). Some people defer to powers and authorities "better" than them. I don't genuflect by default. I only defer to the ones with the guns and only for that reason. Otherwise, just like the Queen of the realm...their waste smells the same.

@computergeek541  Oracles are Gods here.. even better than Mods.. cos we dont see Mods around but we see Oracles.. LoL

@Quigley wrote:

@macsal , it's not that. I just want two cents from an Oracle. Always good to get a second opinion.

Oracles aren't always right. I do make mistakes, but yes, you can ask a moderator to change your account PIN.

@RosieR , That's not my intention.

@Quigley wrote:

@macsal , Your very knowledgeable about things around here. I'll never deny that. Just looking for some oracle input.

Hi @Quigley ooooh you are hurting some forum regulars' ego. 🤣🤣🤣

@computergeek541 please help this customer.  Thank you very much sir 😊

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

And incredibly amazingly blasphemous 🙂 ...Oracles are not always the be all, end all, know it alls of everything. What they say would carry more weight, sure, but continuing corroboration is perfectly fine.

@Quigley wrote:

@Quigley 

@Spudster  &  @macsal  are correct.

Take it from a Mayor, who has helped others with the process of changing their PIN#'s.

It required Moderator assistance, and YES, Moderators can complete this for you.

Oracles (like Mayors, Deputy Mayors, Town Heros, etc, etc, etc) are all customers, just like you and me.  They've just reached a pedestal for well-deserving, persistent, trustworthy work and effort in helping customers.  

Spudster

...oops, error...

macsal

@Quigley , i totally get the 2nd opinion avenue. I am all for the 2nd, 3rd, heck 4 quotes of something before I decide! 🤣

How about from SIMon Bot's opinion:

macsal_0-1617230653729.png

Spudster

Hi @Quigley 

You COULD ask an Oracle, or you could ask SIMon the chatbot to the bottom right.

Click it and type, "change my PIN"

It says you need to contact a Moderator to do this, and gives a "Contact Us" option.  That means, yes you can.  I also know it's possible as some folks have forgotten their PIN and the Moderators can help establish a new one.

macsal

@Quigley wrote:

@computergeek541 , Is possible to have the Moderators change my self service/ account PIN number that I choose when I activated my sim card and plan? Yes or No?      I know how to go about asking them, just want to know if I can and if anyone has ever asked them. Thanks

@Quigley  you don't believe me? 😭

@computergeek541 , Is possible to have the Moderators change my self service/ account PIN number that I choose when I activated my sim card and plan? Yes or No?      I know how to go about asking them, just want to know if I can and if anyone has ever asked them. Thanks

@hTideGnow wrote:

@macsal  what is the initial voicemail PIN if I never use it?  and Do I need to formally "activate" voicemail? 

There is no voicemail password initially. The frist time you call in from your phone, you're asked to choose one.

@esjliv must be govt secret agent to use a 15 digit pin on VM.. LoL

@hTideGnow wrote:

@dabr  is the account pin the same as voicemail pin?  I remember setting up a pin when I activate.  I never use voicemail myself so I am curious if it is the same PIN.

HI @hTideGnow ,

Well, they could be the same, like 1111, but technically the VOICEMAIL PIN and the ACCOUNT PIN access different systems and are used separately.

...As @macsal posted.

I didn't know you could have up to 15 digits in your VOICEMAIL PIN (password) - gesh, hard enough to keep which 4 digits are for what these days.

😂

Spudster

Hi @Quigley 

To change your account PIN, you will need to contact the Public Mobile moderators.

Yes, they will do this for you after you have verified your account.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

thanks @macsal  , i guess i need to start using VM.  

@Quigley wrote:

@hTideGnow ,  @dabr 

I know the Moderators would have to change it.  I want to know if it can be done.  Or is it allowed.  That's the question.

@Quigley   I only see the option to change the voicemail password, so not allowed it would seem.  However, it would be much better if PM did allow customers that option too.

Edit:  I decided to try to reset the voicemail PIN from the account option and it actually just removed my PIN and defaulted to my phone number as being a temporary password and and I had to physically reset my voicemail PIN from the voicemail box, i,e. by accessing the voicemail on my phone keypad. 

macsal

@Quigley wrote:

@hTideGnow ,  @dabr 

I know the Moderators would have to change it.  I want to know if it can be done.  Or is it allowed.  That's the question.

@Quigley yes, it is allowed to change the account PIN via Moderators, you just have to prove your account is yours.

@hTideGnow The voicemail PIN needs to be set up/assigned by the user. If it was not set up, it can set up.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

@Quigley  you meant if you can ask them to change to a PIN of your choice?  Yes, in fact, they will ask you what you want to change to (they are not assigning you PIN)...

I kinda don't like this idea as as least one more person knows your PIN, it's not a secret only knows by you and the system.

@hTideGnow ,  @dabr 

I know the Moderators would have to change it.  I want to know if it can be done.  Or is it allowed.  That's the question.  Has anyone asked the Moderators to change their account PIN number?

@macsal  what is the initial voicemail PIN if I never use it?  and Do I need to formally "activate" voicemail? 

macsal

@Quigley wrote:

Is it possible to ask the Moderators to change your account PIN number to a new one, of your choosing?

@Quigley 

To change Voicemail PIN:

• Press 4
  • Press 4 again
  • Press 1 to change voicemail password (4-15 digits allowed)

To change Account PIN (this is separate from your Voicemail PIN) :  Contact Moderators

Here are two ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Thanks @dabr!!

@Quigley , the account pin needs to be changed by mod as well.  Please open a ticket with them

@Quigley wrote:

I'm asking about changing the 4 Digit PIN you choose when you activated your self service account and plan.

@Quigley   If you don't see an option for that when you log into your account, then I'd think you need moderators help?

@hTideGnow wrote:

@dabr  is the account pin the same as voicemail pin?  I remember setting up a pin when I activate.  I never use voicemail myself so I am curious if it is the same PIN.

@hTideGnow   TBH I don't remember either, as the set up was done awhile ago, so there probably are two different PINs, but I only know the one for voicemail and I had to get it changed via moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.