cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

evanforster07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

constantly get no service happening more and more i thought id try this out before i switch companies , really was good in the beginning but the poor data packages they offer now im paying for data i cant use half the time , and what a nightmare to get registered just to ask this question , why do i need to register twice i already have an account which it would not let me use to login , seems like this whole company is kind of a joke anyone got any suggestions before i drop public mobile? 

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Any chance you are in Manitoba?  They made some changes lately and it will affect voice services

What kind of phone are you using?  If your phone does not have all the required bands, maybe that's the reason?

Yes, it's a tier3 providers.  Price is good (yes, they taken away the Canada-wide callings for new customers, but it won't affect you), it still has many low usage (low cost) plans which provider like Chatr lacks.

If you really find PM is not for you, it's actually not a bad time to change provider.  Since the pandemic, major providers has either dropped the price or increased data limit.  So, if you don't mind post-paid plans, it's a good time to shop around

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@evanforster07 

Try:

• rebooting phone
  • removing and replacing SIM card
  • resetting network connections

If that doesn't help, check for coverage in the area you are in.  It may be a lower coverage area.  Click chatbot on lower right and search for "coverage areas" for coverage map option.

If these items don't help, you could ask a moderator - sometimes they can re-provision the account/SIM and it may help.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evanforster07 : There's the self-serve phone account and then there's the support community account.

Can you try your SIM in another phone?

Are you somewhere in Manitoba?

What make/model/submodel phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.