cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account De-Activated?

mjohnn075
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I tried to make a phone call today, I immediatly got a message saying "You are unable to make a phone call because you do not have an active account with Public Mobile"

I have always paid my bills with auto-pay-Public Mobile has always just taken the money out of my account on the 23rd of each month. It appears they have not taken it out yet today, and now they are saying my account in not active. Yet when i sign into my account online, it says my account is active?

Why is this happening? How can i fix it asap, as i need access to make phone calls. 

17 REPLIES 17

@mjohnn075 Your go to post that you expected solution under your name to the right on the arrow by time stamp tap it and edit no solution …at the end of the day any card on file if replaced or lost for whatever reason needs to be updated because it then would expired on here 

Your debit card almost certainly has a visa or mastercard logo on it. A debit card without the logo would not work.

mjohnn075

Yes, this is correct. Im sorry, I dont know how to reassign the solution to someone else. 

mjohnn075

It was a debit/visa. Which is why the funds were coming from my chequing account and not my visa card. But yes, i needed to update my debit card info in my payment information. 

@Handy1 

It sounds like the OP was using a Visa or MasterCard debit, and they received a new one, and they needed to update the information on the account.

@mjohnn075 , if that is correct, you should reassign the solution to the user whose information best helped you get to a solution.

@mjohnn075  We happy you got it figured so it was in fact cc had expired and needed replacement and updated on self serve 

mjohnn075

I figured it out. I got a new debit card last month, and needed to update the information into the public mobile account. 

Thanks for all of your help!

@mjohnn075 

Another thing to bear in mind is that public mobile would not be withdrawing the funds on the same day every month as its cycles run on 30-day consecutive terms

The day of withdrawal will always fall back a day every couple of months given the months that contain 31 days.

@mjohnn075 

This may sound ridiculous, but when you try to make the call, and hear that messaging, if you wait a minute does the call eventually connect

What you're hearing may be Public Mobile going through a renewal process and giving erroneous information by recorded message on the renewal date.

@mjohnn075 wrote:

I do not use a credit card for payment. Public takes the funds direclty out of my bank account, and has for a number of years now. This is the first time, ive had an issue. 

I do not know in the distance past but PM does not do debit form saving/chequing accounts.

Only credit cards and vouchers are allowed for bill payments.

@mjohnn075 

Unfortunately, autopay sometimes does fail.  System error on Public mobile side.  If you due date was Jan 23, your account would have been billed overnight from Jan 22 to 23.  

As a coincidence, one of my account was due Jan 23 and the funds were withdrawn overnight.  

So, my account was successfully renewed.  

Try to manually add funds to your account. There should be a tab in your payment section.  Once funds are loaded, then your account should re-activate. 

mjohnn075

Public Mobile has not withdrawn the funds from my account today. The last time an automatic payment was made was Dec 23rd. 

In all the years I have been with Public mobile, the funds have always been paid directly from my account, from the day I orignally set it up. 

What is also odd, is that they would de-activate my account before I am even "late" for a payment. Technically payment is due the 23rd, I should have the rest of the day to pay before having my account de-activated. Correct?

@mjohnn075 

Did you check your bank account?  Was money withdrawn?  Maybe try to screenshot your payment history page as that would provide useful information. 

Try rebooting your phone. 

You could also manually load up funds to your account via the payment system. 

Note: I merged your thread and removed the solution until your issue is resolved. 

@mjohnn075  No worries did the payment go thru when you check your bank record it maybe you need to just sign in again incognito private mode as there are cache issues and reactivate the plan , otherwise if you no the pin your can make payment that way or get a voucher from canadien tire circle k or 7-11 for example and 611 and no pin needed to make payment 

mjohnn075

I do not use a credit card for payment. Public takes the funds direclty out of my bank account, and has for a number of years now. This is the first time, ive had an issue. 

Note: first time using this forum. I accidentally marked your comment as a "solution". So I created a new thread, as my problem has not yet been solved. 

mjohnn075

When I tried to make a phone call today, I immediatly got a message saying "You are unable to make a phone call because you do not have an active account with Public Mobile"

I have always paid my bills with auto-pay-Public Mobile has always just taken the money out of my account on the 23rd of each month. It appears they have not taken it out yet today, and now they are saying my account in not active. Yet when i sign into my account online, it says my account is active?

Why is this happening? How can i fix it asap, as i need access to make phone calls. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mjohnn075  Did your cc expire by any chance ? You can if your remember the pin 611 make payment 

Need Help? Let's chat.