cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Cancellation

Buster_06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I cancelled my Public Mobile account on March 15, 2022. Public Mobile is still taking payments from my account from April to October. I have only seen this because I wanted to update the payment information for my son's account. Please ensure my account is cancelled and I've reimbursed the payments from April to October 2022 asap. I do not have the phone number associated with this account. You can reach me on my work phone at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

@MarcSaucier 

oui, c'est intéressant.

le support est entièrement en ligne et en retour, nous obtenons des plans légèrement moins chers après les récompenses, au moins 5% moins chers

MarcSaucier

Une compagnie de téléphone qui n'a pas de service de téléphone au service a la clientele

Billslam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Noted with Thanks, Too bad, not refund.  🙄

@Billslam   PM is prepaid provider, you paid first before the next 30 days service. 

However, if you leave early before that 30 days of service you piad, PM will not refund the unused days 

You can leave closer to the end of the 30 days cycle.  But if you port your number out, do not wait till last day, request porting on the 25th days of the cycle to give you enough time just in case the process stuck

Billslam

Any hidden fee if cancel within a month? need to pay full month fee? or can be by proportion?

HI @Buster_06  please try to use Reset Password first

or open ticket with CS agent   at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  

To open ticket quicker start with typing   "Forgot log in information",

then select"Contact Us" , 
then click link the blue link "Click here to submit a ticket"
You will then be directed to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problem with the above, private message here instead,  but this can take longer:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Buster_06

Ok, thank you. Also, we cannot get into his account. He does not remember his login information. 

noaccountpls

@Buster_06 can you please remove your personal phone number from your post this is public information that you do not want everyone to see thank you

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Buster_06 

Please remove your contact phone number as this is a Community forum and we are all members like you. Click on the reverse V in the circle and remove.

2 options to cancel your account:

1- Port your old number to another carrier 

2- Remove your CC information and disable AutoPay and let it relapse over 90 days.

Which option did you use?

You need to contact a CS_Agent directly by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on this Community if one of the 2 option didn't work.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Buster_06 

Click in the little arrow thingy on the right side of your post to edit out your work number. You don't want a bunch of spam calls tying up your work number? 

Edit:

You can contact customer support thru SIMon or send a detailed private message. Read this post or skip to the spoiler for how to effectively send a private message. If you ported out, removed autopay, deleted your card info from your account and/or wrote public mobile at the York st. address to cancel your service then you are entitled to a full refund.

Otherwise it's up to Public mobile whether or not they determine if they will consider your request. If pm is not at fault asking for a credit to be applied on your son's account instead may lean in your favor? Either way you will need to contact customer support to disable autopay and remove the card from your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Buster_06 wrote:

Hello, I cancelled my Public Mobile account on March 15, 2022. Public Mobile is still taking payments from my account from April to October. I have only seen this because I wanted to update the payment information for my son's account. Please ensure my account is cancelled and I've reimbursed the payments from April to October 2022 asap. I do not have the phone number associated with this account. You can reach me on my work phone at (250) 616-2798. Thank you.

How did you cancel?  The only way to cancel is to port out or stop paying. Refund consideration can only be handled by a CSA.  Pubilc Mobile doesn't call customers. You need to send them a message to the name CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.