cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTIVATION ERROR - Charged my Bank account

Aman1a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my Public Mobile sim card, but when I got to the final step, it said the Payment Method didnt work. A message also came up saying that I need to start the entire process again. When I did that, it came up that my Sim Card # is Invalid. 

I then checked my bank account, and I was charged by Public Mobile for $120.00. I tried logging into the Self Account and it says my login doesnt exist. Im getting VERY frustrated, especially since there is no phone number to call!

Someone please help! 

7 REPLIES 7

avireem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I didn't want to try activating again because I didn't want to get charged twice. Were you charged twice?

avireem
No, my problem is actually not resolved yet. I activated my SIM yesterday afternoon.

Aman1a

I realized that I tried to activate again on a different tab on my browser, I went back to the previous tab where it said I needed to try again and just pressed "Activate" again and it worked. It was just me being stupid. But the thread that the person linked also is very helpful. 

I still wish Public had a phone number because not everything can be solved through a board 

dt72

Did someone help with this? Or did the problem sort itself out? How is it possible that you only had issues for <20 minutes and I have had the exact issue for 2 days????   Just my luck

Aman1a

Thank you,

Also question, does Public Mobile charge before the 90 days, or is it after the 90 days. Everything is working now, but they charged me exactly 120.00 which is kind of weird considering the taxes

avireem
I seem to be having the same problem. Mine is a brand new number (not a port). I've been advised by some kind members of this community forum that public mobile is swamped and that you need to contact a site moderator.
Need Help? Let's chat.