cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY

avireem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi, I activated a SIM card earlier in the afternoon (New Number). I signed up for the 4GB for $40 plan. Somehow it seems my account is in some limbo state. Payment went through with no problem (I can see the $135.60 charge in my bank account). The service however, has not been enabled properly. The phone seem to be receiving calls but not texts or data. Outgoing calls I get a message saying the account is suspended and payment needs to be made. I checked account balance and it says the balance is $120. It also says the next automatic payment is on Dec 1st. where I paid for 3 months. I tried logging into the account I created when signing up for the service and the system does not recognize my login credentials. I tried resetting the password and looks like the system does not know about the existence of my account (despite having received a welcome email). I tried reaching out for support and at this point I am beyond frustrated. I need this issue resolved and it seems there is not a living soul in Public Mobile looking after customer satisfaction. I am hoping this message will get to someone who can help or escalate the issue.
14 REPLIES 14

avireem
You may have more time on your hands than I do to do such in depth research.

I don't have any outstanding issues, I'm simply trying to help everyone else.  I am currently awaiting a future dated plan change, which I am certain will fail, because I've had this issue previously.  I can't rush the change, I simply have to wait and see if it works.

When I joined, I did my research.  I joined the community first, read many posts to find out what issues I may run across, and I asked questions, all before taking the plunge.

within the last three weeks, instructions have been featured to say how to contact moderators for assistance.  Posts have been left to say there is a backlog, and other posts saying that there is a queue.

PM is trying to treat everyone, new or existing members fairly.  PM is posting updates in the announcement forum, and they have a knowledge base for everyone to review to educate themselves on the practices here.

avireem
@stonechucker I can tell you are frustrated too (although I haven't read any of your posts). I didn't decide to make my issue a priority PM did. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you, but since I wasn't getting as much as an acknowledgement via this forum, I turned to other methods and got my issue resolved. Maybe you're okay with not getting what you paid for, I'm not. I don't know what makes you think that a new customer should intuitively "guess" how the system works, if it works, if they are in the right lineup for customer service or if they are in the lineup at all for that matter... From my perspective, I was trying to get a problem resolved and all the channels I tried were not responding. I suggest that instead of blaming me for not letting the "system work" you figure out how to get your issue resolved (I dropped a big fat hint how to do so) or you might be perpetually stuck at the end of the line. PM doesn't seem to have a very organized way or resolving issues and addressing customer issues, and I don't have endless patience after paying for a service to wait an unknown amount of time to receive it. By the way, PM if you need help providing better customer service and reducing the number of frustrated customers, feel free to contact me. I can help.

So because you became the squeaky wheel, you've now pushed other frustraighted further to the back of the queue.  What makes your issue more important than everyone else's?

I get that you were charged on Friday for a service you couldn't reliably use, but I'm certain PM has made it right both in the tech, and ffinancial sense.

let the system work.  Yes, PM was unprepared for the explosion of new members, and the failure of the system to function correctly.  The glitches have been known for months, and should have been fixed ages ago, and server processing capacity should have been increased for this promo.

hiccups happen. 

avireem
A proof that the squeaky wheel gets greased - I made some noise on twitter and PM contacted me via DM on twitter and fixed my account! All is working properly now and I'm a happy camper!

avireem
Not sure if I need to tag a moderator to get them to notice this thread, but I guess it wouldn't hurt... so @Saray_O, you're it :). Thanks in advance for helping out a frustrated new customer.

avireem
@Luddite humour is always good! I did contact the moderators, hoping to hear back before I get old, but since I've been around, I'm not holding my breath... I get it... it's a no-frills type of service, but quite honestly Public Mobile needs to weight the difficulty of obtaining support against the difficulty of simply having the charge on my credit card reversed... they may find that they can retain more customers if support was a little simpler to obtain. I hope I'm proven wrong...

avireem
Nice to see a responsive community, however, as you mentioned, it seems the account is somewhat screwed up. The number is new not ported, so I didn't expect such issues. It would suck if I have to wait a few business days to get this resolved. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check the thread.

@avireem I am sure you are not in the mood for humour. However, your experience is truly unique; incoming calls but no outgoing  .... it's first.

Your best course is to follow the process here: Contact moderators

Moderators return in the morning but given the backlog I expect you will end end here: Activation blues

Clearly do not transfer a current number until your account has been properly activated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @avireem;

Welcome to public Mobile, sorry to hear that you are having these activation issues Did you port in a number, as it almost sounds like that may be part of your issue?  Anyways, your account sounds a bit screwed up, it will likely need a moderartor to fix. Please messsage on of the mods as per this thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Good luck

avireem
I guess you can say I'm trying it out. And yes, this is a terrible first impression. It feels like I've been connected to the customer prevention department. The price is good, but if I need to spend so much time getting it to work, perhaps it's not worth the effort. Avi.

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@avireem wrote:
This is a new number not ported. I understand PM may be swamped but as a new customer I have no way of knowing how busy they are. From my perspective it seems the billing system works at a lightning speed, provisioning isn't working and support is nowhere to be found... you can probably understand my frustration...

Yes, I can see how frustrating it can be. And it's a terrible first impression from PM.

Since you got a new number are you just trying out PM service first?

avireem
This is a new number not ported. I understand PM may be swamped but as a new customer I have no way of knowing how busy they are. From my perspective it seems the billing system works at a lightning speed, provisioning isn't working and support is nowhere to be found... you can probably understand my frustration...

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you port your number in or got a new number?

It may seem that PM is not responding to you, however, because of the current promotion they are swamped with questions/issues. 

Please have a bit of patience.

Need Help? Let's chat.