cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day legacy Auto Pay reward lost in transition to points

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I reached out to @CS_Agent today about the $6 legacy Auto Pay reward, which is supposed to be issued at the end of the 90 day term. 30 day plans were always granted the $2 at renewal. I subscribed in to the plan mid-February, a few weeks before the point system migration was announced.

So far, I have been denied that reward. The system conveniently switched me to the points system a week ago prior to my renewal on a 30 day plan. Has anybody else had this issue come up with their 90 day plan? I honestly don't care in which form the reward is issued, but it should be honoured. I replied by making an appeal, but I have a feeling that I will have to echo other members and have it escalated.

8 REPLIES 8

mitchnet12

Wow, I never accepted a "solution". I'll be sure to share what the outcome is.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately the auto pay discount went away with the transition to Public Points. The timing for you sounds unfortunate, but there's not much you can do other than ask for an exception, which you've already done and have been declined.

@mitchnet12   I have no clue how they are dealing with 90 day plans when the switch to points happens, or how it works on the old system since I was never on it and always on points.  If you're certain something went wrong you could try again.   I did wait a while before saying anything to make sure I didn't get the points because some things take a few days to come through.  

mitchnet12

Thanks for the encouragement @Phil_Adelphus. Unfortunately the agent doesn't want to investigate things any further for a legitimate complaint.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12   Once last year there was a glitch in the system for my account and I didn't get my points back for a 90 day renewal.  I contacted customer service and they fixed it.  

@mitchnet12 

as said above, the $2 autopay as well as the loyalty discouns are gone.  You will get 5% back in points as well as the 10 anniversary bonus points.  If you have any friend referrals, they will still be here and given in points.  Friend referral points and 5% will be added to your rewards account within 48 hours after ever renewal, in your case, every 90 days.

mitchnet12

As mentioned above, no I didn't miss the announcement.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mitchnet12 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the end of the legacy rewards program

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.