cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Subscription Question

standacaddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed to the 90 subscription for next renewal to get the -$5 per month. Right now I get -$2 loyalty, -$2 referrals and -$2 autopay (total -$6) discounts each 30 days. How will these discounts now be applied? Will I now only get my -$6 once per 90 Days? Thanking you in advance for your clarifications : )  

16 REPLIES 16

MajorTalent
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dust2dust @Handy1 @HALIMACS Oh no Halimacs, I was simply adding on to your post, not directing anything at you really. Basically it was my observation/ opinion I was sharing. I was just saying it doesn't make sense the way they designed/ worded it, especially if you're an existing customer just switching plans, that is. When I switched I thought I'd see the 90-day plan rebate of $5 monthly applied with my existing legacy rewards, and all times 3 because of the 3 months I'm prepaying for. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on my account to see how it truly works during this and the next 90day cycles. Thanks everyone for the info.

@MajorTalent  Your not wrong , the messaging is not always the best on website .

MajorTalent

@Handy1 I've been with them for so long and so many things have changed I can't remember it all. But the biggest problem is lack of ease in finding details/ official documentation explaining the terms from the PublicMibile. We are left to rely on members in the community and we do our best to help eachother, don't get me wrong but sometimes it's better to have the official terms set out before it's left on the community to inform and try to explain to others. Just my personal opinion though. Thanks for the reply.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@MajorTalent- Also, since it appears that some rewards get paid into your balance through the 90 days then you could also use that balance to buy add-ons (and sims?) if you like rather than waiting for renewal.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MajorTalent 

@Handy1 & @dust2dust have very adequately responded to your question, seemingly directed to me.

Does it make sense now? If it doesn’t, that’s understandable. Not a lot makes sense around here, but there is some rhyme or reason to it, I suppose.

@MajorTalent- Loyalty and referrals are paid for the past. Community has changed. Still paying for the past. Autopay was a little different. It paid right at sign up if turned on at that time.

@MajorTalent  Don’t forget that when you first started your PM service you didn’t get your rewards until you completed that first 30 days so that’s why and you get to use 30 days rewards towards first bill of 90 days then once completed 90 days you then have 30days x3 for that following renewal , this is normal 

MajorTalent

Hi Halimacs,

It is slightly misleading and disappointing in their current design. If you think about it like this: you pay upfront for the 3 months, so why would you only get your discounts based off of the 1st month? On the renewal of the plan, which is also paying upfront for another 3 months, it's the same deal. So why get full 3 months of discount only starting from the second time you prepay for those 3 months in one shot?

@standacaddy wrote:

Thanks. So you're confirming that I will maintain my -$6 rewards (every 30 days) and get an additional -$5 (every 30 days) with the 90 day subscription? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being fooled into giving up my earned benefits per 30 days. Thanks again.

@standacaddy 

You will maintain your rewards.  You will get loyalty and referral rewards credited monthly, but will get 3x autopay rewards every 90 days.  So, overall $18 every 90 days.  For 90 day subscription, you will be charged $5 less than the 30 day version. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@standacaddy  To start the the 90 day you will have $6 rewards to put against plan price , every 30 days you will get your same rewards earned and by day 90 for the following renewal you will have $18 in rewards 30days x3  I just changed plans and kept my rewards also have a peek 

Handy1_0-1695219018230.png

standacaddy

I understand. I guess my question is, I now get -$6 per 30 days, will I get -$18 at my next 90 day renewal?

@standacaddy 

you are definitely not being fooled and the 90 day subscriptions are a great opportunity for additional savings while maintaining rewards

Just don’t, ever, switch to public points, as they are nowhere near as beneficial to the customer.

standacaddy

Thanks. So you're confirming that I will maintain my -$6 rewards (every 30 days) and get an additional -$5 (every 30 days) with the 90 day subscription? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being fooled into giving up my earned benefits per 30 days. Thanks again.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@standacaddy 

just remember that rewards are applied based on renewals.

If public mobile were to give customers 90 days rewards upfront, that would not be rewarding anything as they have not yet used the 90 days of service.

The same holds true when one first activates. The rewards are not applied until the first renewal.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@standacaddy 

It can be a bit confusing.  On the first payment of the 90 days cycle, you will get 1x rewards (ie. $6).  AFterwards, every 90 days, you will get 3x rewards (ie. $18).  Rewards are based on the previous payment cycle. 

Need Help? Let's chat.