cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 days and counting...No Activation. No Support.

iceman44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this a scam by Telus?

I made the jump to PM on November 24 for the black Friday deal. I managed to create an account and paid $35 which was taken instantly from my account.

I have tried to login to the app and activate my esim and subscription. Every time I tap on continue with esim, I get a popup "Error." I have cleared cache, reinstalled the app, restarted my device.

I have contacted support via chat, and private messaged @CS_Agent . Nothing yet! Now I am out $35 with no way to cancel future payments. The lack of support has seriously shocked me - This is a terrible start for a new customer.

HELP! I am very close to calling my bank and getting a refund and blocking all payments to this scam by Telus.

12 REPLIES 12

iceman44

Looks like this continues 11 days and counting...

@TaharS_74   Are you using the Public Mobile app or the website?  If the latter try the app because it is a requirement for activation.  If s it's not that then contact customer service by private message (the chatbot broke earlier this year and isn't reliable),  use this link 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Look for an agent to reply at the envelope icon top right or, if no envelope, tap on your avatar and see Messages in the drop down.

TaharS_74

I'm on the same boat. I couldn't complete my activation process and not able to login to my account. Seriously, this is outrageous. I'm getting a message "Forbidden A1" when trying to login. Of course, they already took the money and can't get anybody for help except for the automatic chat, which is useless in my case. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Jerome1958
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Yanyu_zou wrote:

I have same problem before, if their QR code not working try to enter activation code manually if still not working just spend $5 dollars get their SIM card from Amazon for next day delivery and activate the SIM card from their APP. ( their customer support is worse so this maybe fastest way and 100% works)

Thanks for the tip... I had NO IDEA you could buy Public Mobile SIM cards on Amazon, that would've saved me so much misery (there are no stores in my province to actually buy a SIM card from).

Yanyu_zou

I have same problem before, if their QR code not working try to enter activation code manually if still not working just spend $5 dollars get their SIM card from Amazon for next day delivery and activate the SIM card from their APP. ( their customer support is worse so this maybe fastest way and 100% works)

Jerome1958

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@iceman44   @Jerome1958   Have you both sent private messages to customer service as suggested earlier?  If you're not seeing a reply make sure to check your avatar drop down for Messages if you don't see an envelope icon.  The envelope icon is device dependent and we don't all see it, yet there's no notification on the avatar that you need to use it to access Messages.  I private messaged support earlier today about the hotspot issue and the response was very quick.

Jealous! Yes I've sent the message, 6 hours ago and counting... still no reply. Lucky you!

11111111.png

@iceman44   @Jerome1958   Have you both sent private messages to customer service as suggested earlier?  If you're not seeing a reply make sure to check your avatar drop down for Messages if you don't see an envelope icon.  The envelope icon is device dependent and we don't all see it, yet there's no notification on the avatar that you need to use it to access Messages.  I private messaged support earlier today about the hotspot issue and the response was very quick.

Jerome1958

Same issue!! It must have been due to the website overload on Black Friday. But wow, was that deal ever good! Hopefully they will reach out to both of us soon...

@iceman44 wrote:

I can only hope for this. Every time I login on the website, I am taken to the credit card page to pay again.

iceman44

I can only hope for this. Every time I login on the website, I am taken to the credit card page to pay again.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@iceman44  Are you using the app to activate ? Not website , but to get support you can use this direct link to support 

can send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jerome1958

Similar boat here... although the CS_Agent has answered me a few times, but I was still waiting for the SIM card at that point. Now that I've received the SIM card and messaged them back, it's been all day waiting for a response. I'm sure they are very busy with the Black Friday sale and how massive it was, but it's still frustrating! Once everything is up and running though, it's usually great service, the person who referred me says they've never had any service issues for the entire 4 years they've had PM.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Public Customer Service agents are under longer times. To check if you received a message click your avatar and press messages. There you will see your messages. If you have no response and would like to submit another ticket then you can do so.

Need Help? Let's chat.