cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8uv1 - Your call cannot be completed as dialed - Hmm

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I have a number I regularly call for work (tele-conference line)

1-833-353-8610

Today, my PM phone will not connect.

I get "8uv1 - Your call cannot be completed as dialed"

Have tried rebooting, removing/reinstalling SIM, dialing day vs night, removing stored contact, deleting call history, trying with and without 1 in front.... etc...

Plan is active, I have unlimited calling Canada-wide. No issue there.

Not only that, but wife's phone (also on PM) CAN call number without issue! She can connect at the exact same time I cannot!

Not sure what to make of it.

My calling works entirely fine otherwise.

16 REPLIES 16

@WETCOAST99 I agree with @softech to open a ticket with CS agents with the methods he provided.

One more troubleshooting thought I had is to try calling with your caller ID intentionally blocked...  You can do this one-off by prefixing the number you are dialing with #31#

Just to see if you get any kind of different error -- if it magically works they're blocking your caller ID lol 🙂

@WETCOAST99   Still 8UV1 error now?

You said your home phone is Telus too?  I think  you should open a ticket with PM and have them to check:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

WETCOAST99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi softech,

Thank you for the reply.

I can call other phone numbers and I don't have any problems. It's just my home phone # doesn't seem to work. I also tried putting a 1 in front of the number and it still didn't work.

I rebooted my iPhone. I completely shut it off and turned it back on. I took out the SIM and put it back.

It's strange, it's been working fine for the past couple of years and now it doesn't want to work anymore.

Very strange. 

Thank you for the suggestions though, I do appreciate it. Hopefully we can figure out what's going on.

Worse case, guess I'll move to a Koodo plan. lol

Cheers,

Sam

@WETCOAST99   

8uv1 is  an error on Telus/PM due to high call volume on the system. 

are you getting the same error for calling other number?  did you try to put a 1 in front of the number you are calling?

Are you getting this the whole day?

Try reboot your phone once more

WETCOAST99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @Nezgar , did you happen to find a fix for this yet? I'm currently running into the same problem. I have unlimited Canada wide calling (With Public Mobile) and currently use an iPhone 11. I'm trying to call my parent's home phone (They have Telus) and I get the message 8UV1, your call cannot be completed as dialed. However, I can receive calls from my parent's home line, I just can't call back to them.

Very strange. lol. I've been with Public mobile for the past 5 years and never had problems. This only started say back in Nov/Dec of 2021.

Sam

@nrg_svr wrote:

Tried at least two of those, they work as expected. Cheers! Only 1-833 is an issue!

1. Have you tried @computergeek541 's suggestion earlier to try your SIM in your wife's phone, and hers in yours to see if the problem follows the SIM?
  2. Have you toggled airplane mode, and rebooted your phone?
  3. Also, have you tried calling with caller ID blocked? ie dial #31#8333538610

@nrg_svr wrote:

I'm on an unlimited minutes canada-wide plan - keep in mind - I can make any other call, including 1-800, 1-866 and other calls in various area codes in and out of province.... ONLY 1-833 at this time get "8UV1"

Until it's sorted, Fongo/TextNow might be useful anyway. I tried the number and got through just now, so it's definitely an account issue. 😫

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

nrg_svr

Tried at least two of those, they work as expected. Cheers! Only 1-833 is an issue!

@Luddite wrote:

Wondering which plan you have. If $10/15 are you out of minutes? PM says 800 calls are chargeable, though experience reported here suggests otherwise.

If that is the case, try the Fongo, or TextNow, app as workaround.

He indicated such:

@nrg_svr wrote:

However, just in case I also just personally tested some 833 calls including the one mentioned by the OP and confirmed the minute counter on my $15 plan did not increment...

nrg_svr

I'm on an unlimited minutes canada-wide plan - keep in mind - I can make any other call, including 1-800, 1-866 and other calls in various area codes in and out of province.... ONLY 1-833 at this time get "8UV1"

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@nrg_svr  Just catching up to your problem. Wondering which plan you have. If $10/15 are you out of minutes? PM says 800 calls are chargable, though experience reported here suggests otherwise.

If that is the case, try the Fongo, or TextNow, app as workaround.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@nrg_svr Are you able to call other toll free number area codes other than 833? How about 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844 ?

How about local calls? How about canada wide calls? try the following two numbers for TheTestCall:

• +1 416 342 9562
  • +1 250 412 5922

Try calling with caller ID blocked by prefixing #31# for the heck of it...

Here's some other tollfree numbers for testing from my notes:

• 800-437-7950 MCI's ANI verification System (Plays your phone number)
  • 877-521-2311 ANI (Plays your phone number)
  • 855-330-1239 FaxToy (you will hear fax tones)

were you ever able to call 1-833 on your Public Mobile  and just stopped working yesterday?

nrg_svr

I have confirmed that I cannot connect to any "833" phone numbers at all, including Revenue Canada numbers which I dialed as a test. Switching the SIM to another phone changes nothing, the other phone cannot connect either.

I have used the self-help system to send a request to a moderator; I will update what I am able to determine. System glitch somewhere seems likely.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

how long this error has been?

8uv1 can also be an error on Telus/PM due to high call volume on the system. 

Also, you mentioned that you was trying to call your work tele-conf line.  Did you try to call other numbers as well to see if you got the same error?

@nrg_svr wrote:

Hi,

I have a number I regularly call for work (tele-conference line)

1-833-353-8610

Today, my PM phone will not connect.

I get "8uv1 - Your call cannot be completed as dialed"

Have tried rebooting, removing/reinstalling SIM, dialing day vs night, removing stored contact, deleting call history, trying with and without 1 in front.... etc...

Not only that, but wife's phone (also on PM) CAN call number without issue! She can connect at the exact same time I cannot!

Not sure what to make of it.

My calling works entirely fine otherwise.

If you take your SIM card and put it in her phone, does the same happen?  If so, this isn't an issue with the way your device is dialing (unlikely anyway as you've called this number before), then this is definitely an issue with your specific account. Only moderators can deal with account issues. Open a ticket by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Need Help? Let's chat.