cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8UV8 -- Your call cannot be completed as dialled

SM-on-VI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added 1000 minutes for calls to the US a few days ago. I tried making a call today to a friend in the States and received the above automated message. Does anyone know what the issue is? I'd appreciate any assistance you can give. Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

frankysplace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use a free VoIP app text now to make calls to the USA. It is ad  supported and I also have a textnow sim which enables me to make phone calls over the T-mobile network when visiting the states. The free service enables you use the app the make calls and send text messages only over the Mobile network. I also have to use the service so I don't lose my number. To get their sim card you need to have a friend with a U.S address. Otherwise just use their service over WiFi or mobile data. You can choose either a U.S or Canadian number. 

SM-on-VI

@softech Thank you for your response. I'm not experiencing the same problem with other numbers, and I'm receiving calls. 

@SM-on-VI 

8uv1 is  an error on Telus/PM due to high call volume on the system. 

are you getting the same error for calling other number? 

and you incoming calls are working?

not an ideal solution, but a quick workaround is to use free VoIP app to make this US call for free

SM-on-VI

Thank you. I will try that. I actually tried calling again and listened to the message -- the code sounds more like 8B1, not 8UV1. @HALIMACS

If you have a google home, or other smart device, trying using it to call the US number, @SM-on-VI .   You could also try a VoIP app to call the US, like WhatsApp or something. 

I tend to use mine for any calls I need to make to US - completely free, always.

SM-on-VI

Thank you! I just tried re-dialling but received the same message. I'll try again later. Fingers crossed! 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SM-on-VI 

Try again - may mean the system is loaded.

Also, calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. 

Need Help? Let's chat.