cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6475804001 voicemail outgoing calls issue that were not made

TadaData
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have two issues with my plan. I use the $15 plan (100 minutes outgoing Canada-wide).

1. when someone calls me, they almost always get directed to the voicemail on their 1st attempt i.e. my phone doesn't ring at all or just a very short ring on their 1st attempt. However, their 2nd attempt is always a regular ring.

2. All these 1st attempts (unsuccessful) incoming calls and spam calls are logged as outgoing calls to 6475804001 (voicemail number) on my account. As a result, every time I get an incoming call it deducts at least a minute from my 100 minutes plan, even though I never access/call my voicemail.

I understand that any calls made to voicemail (6475804001) from my phone to retrieve the mails would be deducted from my 100 minutes. But

1. I don't think I am supposed to be charged if someone just leaves a message to my voicemail inbox.

2. it's not expected to be directed all my incoming calls to the voicemail on their 1st attempt.

Thanks in advance. I hope PM will look into this matter and solve this issue ASAP.

(Currently, I don't have any minutes left on my account.)

15 REPLIES 15

@TadaData wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Thanks for the prompt response. Your assumption is correct. I have turned it off now.

I also have counted all the outgoing minutes carefully (excluding those directed to VM) and it seems like the total minutes are pretty close to 100. So I guess unexpectedly I have used all my minutes this time.

I'll check back my second issue during the next billing period. But I am pretty much convinced that everything is ok. 

Thank you. 

My Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan.

For add-ons.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total                   **🤔The bad 🍏of the group 🤔

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on and the $15 add-on has International, USA and Canada  while the only real use of the $8 add-on is for USA only calls.

Note: The add ons I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.....the unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

@TadaData You can also use a voip app such as TextNow to check your  PM voicemail over WiFi from your own phone without using minutes. Its pretty easy to do.

Simply dial your PM phone number  - dismiss the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to enable you to enter your password. - enter it - and viola you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when finished. No minutes used.

@TadaData wrote:

I also have counted all the outgoing minutes carefully (excluding those directed to VM) and it seems like the total minutes are pretty close to 100. So I guess unexpectedly I have used all my minutes this time.

The $5 addon for an extra 500 minutes in Canada, that doesn't expire until used up, might be a good option for you as a buffer. Also sidenote, you can still call toll-free numbers even with no outgoing minutes left - they do not consume minutes.

TadaData
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@LurganIeUk 

Thanks for the prompt response. Your assumption is correct. I have turned it off now.

I'll check back my second issue during the next billing period. But I am pretty much convinced that everything is ok. 

@Jb456 

...better get to Costco and get a few pallets of toilet paper !

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@TadaData  We'd appreciate it if you'd update this thread, if you get it fixed, especially if any of the advice in this thread(I'm thinkin' @LurganIeUk 's pic MIGHT be helpful) does the trick with the calls going to voicemail.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Remember everyone replying it shows his phone number in the topic thread....so maybe edit all your posts? 

But it doesn't matter...it's just a vmail number.

@Anonymous   hah 😂🤣 my bad....sorry everyone...my attention is on this coronavirus virus.

I'll shut up now...oh Tom Hanks and his wife have it now..and NBA play on Jazz team....

Stay safe 

@LurganIeUk @CannonFodder 

Sorry again.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Remember everyone replying it shows his phone number in the topic thread....so maybe edit all your posts? 

Go back to sleep @Jb456  😉  🤣 

OP see last point on bottom right of pic. Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 8.31.09 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@LurganIeUk @CannonFodder @Anonymous 

Thanks, I kinda thought that after I posted it.  That is why I suggested to resolve the issue first.  I think the OP has an iPhone. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

You should remove your phone number. 

@LurganIeUk  Just a heads-up for you - that number ( 6475804001 ) is not the OP's phone number, but is one of the voicemail access numbers for Toronto, which are all listed in this thread: Updated list of Voicemail Access Numbers 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will see those calls reported in the usage details but they won't count on the front overview page counter unless you call your voicemail from your phone. The counter that matters.

The $5 500 minute add-on is a great overage deal. Calls will seamlessly flow over to using those minutes when your 100 are done.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You should remove your phone number. 

I have two issues with my plan. I use the $15 plan (100 minutes outgoing Canada-wide).

1. when someone calls me, they almost always get directed to the voicemail on their 1st attempt i.e. my phone doesn't ring at all or just a very short ring on their 1st attempt. However, their 2nd attempt is always a regular ring.

Is your phone on do not disturb? Do you have a 1/2 moon at top right of screen?

Or is caller blocked?

Resolve above first  

2. All these 1st attempts (unsuccessful) incoming calls and spam calls are logged as outgoing calls to 647xxxxxxx(voicemail number) on my account. As a result, every time I get an incoming call it deducts at least a minute from my 100 minutes plan, even though I never access/call my voicemail.

I understand that any calls made to voicemail (64xxxxxx) from my phone to retrieve the mails would be deducted from my 100 minutes. But

1. I don't think I am supposed to be charged if someone just leaves a message to my voicemail inbox.

2. it's not expected to be directed all my incoming calls to the voicemail on their 1st attempt.

Thanks in advance. I hope PM will look into this matter and solve this issue ASAP.

(Currently, I don't have any minutes left on my account.)

•  
Need Help? Let's chat.