cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g plans

Kithtyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i still sighn up for 5g plans if my phone is only 4g?  i dont expect to get 5g speeds of course.

6 REPLIES 6

golfball
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The 5G plans have a higher speed cap, higher data allowances and unlimited data at reduced speed which will benefit you whether your device supports 5G or not.

Kithtyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

oh i didn't realize that it would benefit me in speed on the 4g network.  thanks

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Plans here are all about speed. You can get 5G speed and 4G speed connecting to both the 4G LTE network or 5G network. Then it's a decision of amount of data and the value you place on that cost.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kithtyr 

Yes you can. The 5G, 4G, and 3G plans are really just about the speed cap that PM puts on your device when connected.

If you’re on a 5G plan you can get speeds up to 250Mbps

If you are on a 4G Plan you can get speeds up to 100Mbps.

Most modern devices can achieve speeds higher than 100Mbps while on LTE so if your device and connection strength allow’s you will be able to see higher speeds on a 5G plan despite not having a 5G device.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kithtyr 

Of course. I have a 4G phone and on a 5G plan. I'm in it for the amount of data over speed.

Here is the latest offer worth looking at.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-Time-Sale-60GB-Canada-US-plan-f...

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I suppose you could but that would be defeating the purpose of getting a 5g plan, no?

Need Help? Let's chat.