cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G connection speed is slow ??

Yacine2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi . My problem is that public mobile mention that the 5G speed is up to 250 Mbps . However, with the 50 go 5G service , my connection has reached a maximum of 30 Mbps . This is very weird and I want to know why . Thanks ( I'm on iPhone 11).

7 REPLIES 7

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @Yacine2,

Unfortunately, the iPhone 11 line-ups are not 5G compatible, just like all previous iPhone models. Concerning speeds, unless you see a slowdown in content loading or video loading, I wouldn't look at the numbers that much. You may also have poor reception, which can impact your speeds. Hope this helps!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yacine2 , the advertised speed is a maximum value, not a guaranteed limit.  Network congestion and local effects will reduce speed test results.  Personally I would not worry so much about the numbers as long as daily usage is not affected by data speed performance.  Even if your phone was 5G capable and had a 5G connection that does not mean substantial increases in speed test results as local network conditions will dominate.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Yacine2   iPhone 11 is not a 5G phone, although you should still be getting faster than 30 Mbps on 4G/LTE.   Is that speed indoors and outdoors, have you tried in different areas where you live?  The first 5G iPhone is the 12.

LTE is ( basically)  4G 

HI @Yacine2 

LTE = 4G

but you don't see 5G , maybe your phone is not 5G compatible, what phone do you have?

Yacine2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for taking time to respond me . The major problem is that my phone doesn't show 4g or 5g option . It only shows me LTE or 3g, and don't know why. Thanks 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Yacine2 

Try Reset all networks once , make sure network mode is set to 5G and test again.  And test in different area, too

And you can also change the Network mode to 4G and test the speed in 4G as well.   See if any difference

Need Help? Let's chat.