cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$55 plan, with 20OFFMONTHLY, existing customer - upcoming bill not correct

Rgrieve
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I changed to the $55 plan, and used the 20OFFMONTHLY promo code to get $35/mo for 15 months.  My understanding is that this code does apply to existing customer (I'm an existing customer).  When I entered the code, it accepted it (checkmark by the code), so I proceeded with the change.  I do see the upcoming change in my Upcoming Bill tab, but it does not show the $20 off - it shows the full $55 (minus rewards). Should I see the $20 off in the Upcoming Bill tab?  Will this rectify itself?  Or is this promo truly not applicable to existing customers?  Or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Richard.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rgrieve 

If you elect to change plans now your rewards will not apply until your following renewal. You will forfeit 18 days of your current plan or approximately $18 worth of value. Unless you really need the data I would just wait until the 16th. Otherwise you will be prompted to add the difference in funds between $35 and your account balance. Download the reciept when given the option....it's the only time you can. Your new 39 day plan will start immediately.

Rgrieve

@darliciousthanks for the info, I'll manually top up just in case, and fingers crossed that it goes as expected.  I see what you're saying about the discount not being able to be applied until after the plan is subscribed to.

I wonder if a better approach might be to "Change Plans Now" (I don't really care one way or the other), so that I can enable the plan now, while the promo code is still active, and ideally end up in the same scenario as @brettster99 .

On that question of manually top up - what happens in that case?  Does autopay only charge me the amount needed, i.e. amount due minus balance in account?

Thanks,

Richard.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

Nice one! That should calm nerves....?

@Rgrieve 

Just play the George Michael album "Faith" in the meantime.....you have to just trust in pm and the screenshots supplied by @brettster99 . Your upcoming bill will remain as is because it cannot apply a promotional discount to a plan you are not currently subscribed to and have prepaid for.....once you have your account will display the current plan and promotions. Since you are upgrading I suggest that you manually top up your account balance with $35 - $$ (your rewards)so that you don't leave yourself at risk of the autopay failure glitch when changing plans. 

At midnight eastern on your renewal your current data counter will reset. A few minutes after that your $$ rewards will be applied. If renewals run on time then sometime between midnight and 2am eastern ( I suspect just before 2am or when plan payments are debited) the $20 off discount credit will be applied to your available funds. Once the $55 plan payment is debited your plan details will update and your data counter will be reset to include the entire 20gb of plan data. Your upcoming plan amount payment details will appear as displayed in the screenshots by @brettster99 .

Rgrieve

Thanks for the screenshots @brettster99 .  I tried to change to that plan again (cancelled the previous change request, and then made a new change request).  In the "Change Plan" page, it does show the expected new charge ($35).  But when I look at Upcoming Bill, I still don't get the promo.  Maybe it will take some time to propagate to that page.  My plan doesn't change until 16 Dec, so I have some time to wait before it actually takes effect.

20off_2.JPG20off.JPG

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

56226526-BB97-4D9A-B386-893780EE6112.png

A40A35EB-46E6-490B-8043-F1D6489CE964.png

 i have proof. And I will submit a formal complaint against Oublic mobile. It’s there own incompetence if it wasn’t meant for all and they should honour it now. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What the hell is going on with PM? I never seen such awful support 

@dabr I hear ya just another issue to fix,I hope it works out for people ,we may have to get @darlicious on thier case,wouldn't want her to get bored lol

@Outdoorsman   PM seems to have provided the loophole and why shouldn't customers take advantage since PM hasn't bothered to close it even after days of open discussion on this loophole.  I think customers have a case to make an official complaint (CCTS?) since PM has caused endless confusion for existing customers with the promo code working in self serve and they don't honour the discount going forward.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Rgrieve 

I have not seen an official announcement for existing customers. On the announcement page it states:

This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Rules and conditions may apply..

@dabr I don't believe that they confirmed it,in my opinion some customers are looking for a loophole in the system , I hope it doesn't backfire on them 😅

Rgrieve

Yes, that was my understanding (that they changed it to include existing customers), which is why I made the change today.  And in fact I haven't been billed yet, and opted to make the change at next billing cycle (16 Dec) - so all I have to go on for now is the upcoming planned bill.  Based on what you're saying, it seems feasible that the change has also not yet propagated to the Upcoming Bill, and it will appear there (and possibly adjust past changes) in the future.

Thanks,

Richard.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rgrieve   Another customer confirmed that he got the discounted price charged to his CC, although he made an immediate plan change to the $55 plan.  However, there's no guarantees that PM will honour this discount going forward (YMMV) since it's promoted for new activations.    IMO they should as it's their coding error and they've had plenty of time to correct this error by now.

edit:  @Outdoorsman   Has PM confirmed this officially?

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Rgrieve hi apparently they changed it to include existing customers you should see a credit applied to your account in the next few weeks

Need Help? Let's chat.