cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G plans are officially back!!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#3G

PM listens and add the 3G plans back on the site, and also able to activate online now, without the app:

hTideGnow_0-1686336592962.png

24 REPLIES 24

@softech wrote:

@XionBunny  it is pretty much a 3 months contract, good ways to lock down some customers from PM's point

for customers, I am not sure iI like the idea of giving you all the 90 days data upfront., this is especially not good for young people who likely have less control of data use

Everybody's needs and wants are slightly different - nobody is forcing you to go for the 90day plans.

One of the reasons I originally switched to Public Mobile way back when was the 90day plans. At that point, with the plan builder, you could have even the lowest combination in the 90day length, and it worked really well for me. Until better offers in 30day length came along, which was the point I switched.

My main line will stay on the $15, but, after some serious number crunching... with this new offering I'll be putting my data plan back to 90 days for now. I know that I'll be away from WiFi for a considerable time this summer, and I like the flexibility to spread the total data amount over three times the time. With several people hotspotting, my usage will likely be something like 6GB between mid June and mid July, possibly 45+GB during the next third and 30+ before renewal in September. Having the summer data needs covered for less than $100 (after rewards, of course) is fantastic

I acknowledge the argument of diminished flexibility in plan change. If you are comparing ALL Canadian providers, that is. With the "change plan now" (if I should be running out of data before end of my term) or "change at renewal" I personally feel PM is giving me fair options to switch if they are offering an even better deal. 

But again, just because it is great for me doesn't mean that is the best solution for everbody else.

I'm in the same boat. I don't use the 15gb I have now, and I certainly don't see myself using the 20gb I'm renewing into next week. The 90 day plan is a great deal, but for me I'd be just fronting money I don't need to be, when I won't use the data anyway. And yeah, if a better plan comes around you're essentially locked in for 3 months. Especially important now when PM seems to have new offers every 2 weeks! Not that I'm complaining!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I simply like the idea of 30 day plans better in case I want to jump to another plan sooner rather than later (upon renewal), if my needs change.

@XionBunny  it is pretty much a 3 months contract, good ways to lock down some customers from PM's point

for customers, I am not sure iI like the idea of giving you all the 90 days data upfront., this is especially not good for young people who likely have less control of data use

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As much as I like the idea of those 90 day plans, and they do offer some good value, I find them personally harder to budget for, which is why I prefer to stick to monthly.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Plan change scheduled for next renewal on my data plan! Whether I'll actually use 90GB (at a theorethical $1.30/GB, less with rewards) in those 90 days remains to be seen. Appreciate having the usage flexibility over 90days back. though.

Now, if only there were some reasonable low-ish (3G) data plans. That jump from $25/1GB to $44/30GB feels crazy.

$15/500MB, $25/2GB and $30/5GB would be great!

HI @dust2dust no way it is an insults.  It is a one of the most money making character in Disney, how could it be an insult?  LoL

HI @hairbag1 

hTideGnow_0-1686339174416.png

no, I am pretty sure it is the same plan as we had.   There have been no mention of unlimited incoming calls since the previous My Account upgrade from  last year.  The exact same $15 has been offering.   I am pretty sure it is the same one still.  

Of course for PM's marketing, it is a disadvantage if they don't mention it even it is there.  Not everyone is a regular like us and know all the "hidden" features

@hairbag1- I'm not easily insulted unlike the thin skin of some others. If it wasn't for the laugh emoji maybe I would have reported it just because. Wasn't that the name of a childrens book character of a certain animal that has another "naughty" name.

HI @frostyfire22   and yes, the $39 is better and worse

Better as it give you more data from the old $39 plan, worse is that you have to go with 90 days plan to get it for $39, or it will be $44

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also added a 30 GB/$39 plan if you sub for 90 days!!

@hTideGnow 

not sure what an eeyore is but he poses a good question for us who still value the $15 plan. Up to now had unlimited incoming calls ...but now no mention of that. Reading it now could be corkscrewed construed as 100 minutes of incoming and outgoing.

Not sure how they keep fouling up the simplest things like precise descriptions of plan inclusions. 🤔

edited...dang spellcheck !

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv   That's not how it works (wish it did, of course!!).  You pay $39/cycle if going to 90 day payment option ($117/90 days) instead of $44/cycle if you choose 30 day cycles.  edit: unless I'm missing something..

OHH, well what do I know @dabr . 😂
And i got a little excited there, I jumped the gun. I did know that was how the current $39 plan worked. I was day/wish-dreaming.

@dabr @esjliv  for 90 days plan, you pay the full amount upfront $44 x 3 ($132) and they give you the full 90 days data upfront (120 GB)

Then they give you back the $5 and the first month rewards couple days later. Then 30 days later for another $5 and rewards and then 60 days later...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   That's not how it works (wish it did, of course!!).  You pay $39/cycle if going to 90 day payment option ($117/90 days) instead of $44/cycle if you choose 30 day cycles.  edit: unless I'm missing something..

@dust2dust wrote:

Interesting that the $15 still has no mention of unlimited incoming. Maybe that has changed.

LoL @dust2dust , don't be an eeyore  🤣

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Interesting that the $15 still has no mention of unlimited incoming. Maybe that has changed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@softech   Actually the previous $39 plan has only 20GB (lol) and newer 90 day plan has 30GB (crazy amount).

@esjliv   I know what you mean, very tempting but I don't need unlimited minutes or even one quarter of that data allotment..

@dabr It is cheaper than the 30 day $15 plan! $13 per 30 days is great, but not the case.

I do like the the every 30 day plan though...but thinking of jumping to the 90 day one. Is this PM's plan ... For us $15 planners to jump ship? Any downfalls if we do?

edit, wishful thinking in my above words esjliv...🤣

Yes, @dabr  the $39 is now crazily great!!  The $39 plan was originally a response to other providers' $39 offer, I guess PM now has a better $39 plan (hope it is not a typo , you know , it is not abnormal here.. 🤣)

While PM has been getting lots of attack with the My Account refresh , but I think PM has done great jobs in terms of plans offer, they are aggressive, almost like a direct competitor to Koodo 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@softech   Actually the previous $39 plan has only 20GB (lol) and newer 90 day plan has 30GB (crazy amount).

@esjliv   I know what you mean, very tempting but I don't need unlimited minutes or even one quarter of that data allotment..

HI @esjliv   yes, and would be nice if they have 90 days option for 3G plans ( i know they won't... LoL)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

A welcome move.  

and yes @dabr , i see both 4G plans now have 90 days options.  But only bad thing is the $39 plan is now $39 only if 90 days

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow - Yeah! 

@dabr mmm, those 90 days plans are becoming more tempting. 🤔

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow   Finally!  And a couple of new promotions with the best offer yet is the following:

dabr_0-1686336740207.png

Need Help? Let's chat.