cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

300minites International Calls

Grandeur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased this add on about 2 days ago and until now, I haven't been able to make any calls to my home country Nigeria which I just left a week ago. I am a new immigrant here and was told told Telus is good but I am starting to think otherwise if this service is suitable for me. And it's worse that you guys don't have a direct number your customers can call you on anytime. Not even a stable chat system. This is bad. 

8 REPLIES 8

Thanks @dabr  for catching the error. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

If the long distance routes thru a toll free number it better for s $15 plan holder as no outgoing minutes will be metered. Nice find on the rates those are very reasonable!!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

quick check in the TextNow VoIP calling app show calls to a Nigeria landline at 13c/min (USD)

As for "calling card" type options, a couple of options are:

• GoldLine - 9-13c/min CAD
  • RebTel - 11c/min CAD, or I'm seeing some promos like $1 for 1 hour, $10/mo for free 30 mins + 2 Hours/mo, etc.

Goldline has local access numbers in Canada that you dial first, then the destination number. RebTel has an app where you also call a local Canada number, but it sets it up so that number routes through immediately to the long distance recipients number.

Good luck!

@softech   Autocorrect  Niagara?  😊

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Once you get the purchase returned you can look into some calling card options locally that can be much cheaper to call Nigeria.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Grandeur 

If you stay with public mobile you will have to get used to using online support. The community is very helpful and will point you in the right direction or teach you how to manage certain aspects of your service. 

Contact customer support and explain you made an honest mistake purchasing the international long distance add on without realizing you could not call Nigeria. That is if you did purchase it as you may have just added funds to your account. If you see the $15 in your account balance there is no need to contact customer support as you can use the funds towards your first renewal.

Telus charges $2.50/min to call Nigeria....yikes! Check out online long distance resellers such as tello which is around $0.50/min to call Nigeria or check your local corner shop for long distance calling cards that will have a much more reasonable rate per minute.

https://www.mytello.com/en_CA/rates/cheap-calls-to-nigeria

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Grandeur   PM Support is all online.  It is a different kind of support model, but this is why the plan is slightly cheaper

For your LD add-on, PM LD add-on only covers a small number of counties and Niagara  Nigeria  is not part of it

There is a chance you can ask PM to reverse the transaction and put the money back into the account for future use.  Please try to open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Grandeur Hi I don't see Nigeria on there 

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.