cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 people on public mobile call a rogers cell phone and get this message

Miramichinbl1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay this is happening to me another two other public mobile customers that I know of. When we have caller ID or system default on and we call that Roger's number it gives us a u6m message saying the number is not in service but I am using the 10 digits and so are they but as soon as we hide your number it will allow us to call them on that number and the call goes through? Has anyone else come across this and why is it only happening when we call certain Rogers cell phone numbers and we confirmed that we have to block our number to get the call to go through. As soon as we turn the caller ID back on for them to see who's calling we get the use 6m message? Could someone look into this and let me know if there is a fix for this

13 REPLIES 13

It would be interesting to try calling the problematic Rogers number from a voip provider that allows setting the outgoing caller ID.  (Like voip.ms) - if you are interested id be willing to test this for you -- to see if I call the number but make it look like its coming from your number, vs any other number, do I get the same problem or not...

@Miramichinbl1  Honest, this issue could be on PM side or could be Rogers.     But let's start from PM to troubleshoot first.

have you open  a ticket with PM yet?  Open a ticket and see what they say

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This is an interesting one, keep us posted, I would like to see how this ends, too.

Miramichinbl1

Our numbers are not blocked and has been confirmed and if my number or their number are blocked they would not get a u6m error saying the number is not in service it would directly go to their voicemail

Miramichinbl1

So far nothing has worked I've tried 1-506 in front of the numbers also tried calling it without the one and still no go but if I call one of the numbers on a landline it goes through or if I hide my caller ID info and then try the number the call goes through. So for some reason when caller ID is unblocked on these public mobile phones the calls do not go through to certain Rogers chatter and even Fido. But again if I turn around go back into my phone and change phone settings to make my number private and dial those numbers that will not go through. with the caller ID to be shown to the Rogers numbers I'm calling I will automatically get the u6m message saying the call number is not in service will not work. And as I said it is not happening to Just One phone but I know of myself and two other public mobile phone customers that get the exact same thing and also very weird if I send them a text they will not get it but if I get them to send me a text first from their Roger cell phone or chatter Etc I can respond and they get my message. The owners called Rogers chatter Fido Etc and said they were told it is not an issue from their Network. That is all I know and that is all I have got figured out so far what's causing this

Miramichinbl1

I tried and had the two other public mobile people all call with the one in front of the number the one was out in front of the number all with the 506 area code Etc and it always ends if the number that is calling those numbers from public mobile phones is not hidden then the calls will not go through to any Rogers or chatter or Fido which is weird

Oh New Brunswick... again, you are calling using 10 digits?

did you also try calling with a 1 in front for the 10 digits?  1506xxxxxxx  ?  

Miramichinbl1

We are all under the 506 area code. I can't see that being it as it says when you go to call the Rogers number from all three public mobile numbers a U6M code

@Miramichinbl1  what area code is yours?? and for those on Rogers or Chatr, what area code are they?   just wondering if it is a new area code issue 

@Miramichinbl1 wrote:

And no we confirmed all are not on block lists etc

Even if you were on a blocked list, that would not generte a network error message. Some blocking you using the device would send you directly to voicemail.  If someon was using Rogers Call Manger service to block you, it actually tells the caller that.

Miramichinbl1

And no we confirmed all are not on block lists etc

Miramichinbl1

No it happens calling certain numbers on Rogers network including chatr

you hide your number and calls go through,  it sound like they are  blocking your numbers...

this only happen when you call to one particular Rogers friend? or call to all your Rogers friends??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Miramichinbl1 wrote:

Okay this is happening to me another two other public mobile customers that I know of. When we have caller ID or system default on and we call that Roger's number it gives us a u6m message saying the number is not in service but I am using the 10 digits and so are they but as soon as we hide your number it will allow us to call them on that number and the call goes through? Has anyone else come across this and why is it only happening when we call certain Rogers cell phone numbers and we confirmed that we have to block our number to get the call to go through. As soon as we turn the caller ID back on for them to see who's calling we get the use 6m message? Could someone look into this and let me know if there is a fix for this

@Miramichinbl1    How odd...sorry I can't offer any advice, maybe someone will have some idea as to reason why, otherwise contact moderators via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen and type in the issue and ask to speak to human/moderator and follow prompts to submit a ticket. 

Of course, you could just keep using the workaround you've already discovered although not ideal of course!

Need Help? Let's chat.