cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2fa code everytime?

GR
Mayor / Maire

Hello to all the great people here who help!  I manage 7 accounts for family and friends,  is there a way to shut off 2fa every time you log in?  Before you could shut it off and send it to email.  Now it's text or call and can't turn it off.                      Also the new 39$ plan if I switch 3 of my accounts to it is it forever or just for 6 or so months like some of the other providers?  They are all on the 40$ 15gb plan now so 39$ for 20gb is better if it stays for the long run.

Thanks for all the help! 

21 REPLIES 21

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Yes now everyone does that wants or needs my help. Now I have to create 15 or more community accounts and co-ordinate 2FA verification. There are some though that I don't have an answer yet on how to help them....hopefully no major issues will crop up in the meantime?

@maximum_gato wrote:

There are accounts that I help manage but I don't access their community account.

@maximum_gato   but if you have access to their My Account?  if so, it is what matters now.  

If not, then they really have to share it for you to manage

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Before I could sign into any account quickly regardless if they had a community account or not. Now I'm signed out if I log into a different account to purchase the $5/500min add on for example since it can't be purchased thru 611 (unless this has changed?) I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the other accounts profile? There are accounts that I help manage but I don't access their community account.

@maximum_gato  I’m on iPhone but yes this seems to be my case also but it’s all seems correct finally after changing that password and selecting trusted device many times thru 2FA and thankfully at this point all seems well 

@maximum_gato wrote:

. So a community account profile has to be created to manage each account?!! This is a nightmare.

@maximum_gato  I think that is the idea of a Single Sign-on with this new My Account/Community

good or bad.  Some people asked for that

Yes, for people with multiple accounts, that could be confusing, but you need a different email to create a My Account anyway, so technically you didn't do anything extra.  

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@GR 

OK it gets worse....so I figured out my sign in problem. Lol...I forgot I had changed the email on the account. However despite putting the old email address in to change the password once I signed in with the new email address it allowed me to login using the newly changed password? Very strange? But once you do that it signed me out of the community and assumed the current account's community username profile. It wouldn't allow me to sign back in I had to use Chrome to sign into the community. So you cannot manage accounts and stay signed into the community. So a community account profile has to be created to manage each account?!! This is a nightmare.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1

Once I selected this is a trusted device it stopped asking for 2FA. Hmmmm....maybe that's my password issue on account #2. Better check account #3....?

@GR 

I'm in the same boat except its 3 times bigger than yours....let's call it a ferry?

@computergeek541 wrote:

Logging into Community also requires the 2FA code. If that code isn't recieved, there will be no way to contact a CSA.

@computergeek541, I noticed that! I guess they dont want to keep Customers!

Edit: Im sure we will all have fun with the feedback post that gets posted!

Logging into Community also requires the 2FA code. If that code isn't recieved, there will be no way to contact a CSA.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LitlLdy 

That's because it doesn't give any choice.

@computergeek541, thats what I thought! Things are gonna get bad when Customers cant sign into their accounts due to they cant receive text messages!

I sketched that and it stil makes me send codes to sign into for every action I try 

@LitlLdy 

That's because it doesn't give any choice.

@softech wrote:

@GR   no, look like it is no longer an option

But you can choose to send via email/text/voice

@softech, I cant find that option!

@Handy1 wrote:

@GR  I’m having same issues it made me change password also this new website is a mess 

@Handy1, it asked me but I used the same password! Im annoyed with a few things here right now!

Tea42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can confirm 2FA off once selected 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GR  I’m having same issues it made me change password also this new website is a mess 

Tea42

🤣

Tea42

Test reply to see my community name

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GR   no, look like it is no longer an option

But you can choose to send via email/text/voice

The $39 plan is priced at $39 on an ongoing basis.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@GR I KNOW. These changes, are not not ideal for those multi-account holders ! Hopefully, an option will come to make the 2fa more 'friendly'.

Do you see this? click on this to help reduce things a bit:

esjliv_0-1684932141356.png

If you switch your plan to the new $39, then you should be in that plan until you change out of it again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.