Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$23-6GB for existing subscribers

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

PM continues to be nice to existing subscribers

As of this morning, the $23-6GB plan is available for us all

and $19-1GB is back for existing. (I know some never "lose" that , but for me, it disappeared for couple days on all my account)

51 REPLIES 51

HI @Evanjmsmith 

not good.  But just wait, I have confidence they will add more 'downgrade" plans for everyone

Evanjmsmith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They are refusing to allow me to get the $23 plan . They admit to the fact that they are allowing selected members upgrade, but of course, only those where PM benefits $$$. Such a shady move

Evanjmsmith

In the process of trying that. I’ll keep you posted

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

maybe ask PM and they allow you to change to the plan?

Evanjmsmith

It’s targeted 100%. Only offered to existing customers paying less. I’m on $29 with no option to switch (downgrade), but my partner is on the $19 and is given the option to switch (upgrade)

Evanjmsmith

Because you’re on a plan that costs more than $23. They are only offering it to existing customers who are paying less than $23 (can confirm, I’m on $29, don’t have the option to switch, my partner is on the $19, has the option to switch)

Evanjmsmith

The $23 6gb plan IS available to existing members, just not us members that will be downgrading. (I’m on the $29, doesn’t show for me, yet my partner, $19, is being given the option to switch to the $23). They’ll allow anyone to pay more, but won’t allow us to pay less. So lame

Evanjmsmith

The $23 6gb plan IS available to existing members, just not us members that will be downgrading. (I’m on the $29, doesn’t show for me, yet my partner, $19, is being given the option to switch to the $23). They’ll allow anyone to pay more, but won’t allow us to pay less. So lame

Evanjmsmith

Can confirm, I am on the $29 plan, and it doesn’t show for me, my partner is on the $19 plan and it shows for them. They are being really shady and only allowing existing members to upgrade. If your current plan is more than the $23, PM will NOT allow you to downgrade. PM?!?! WTF? I would love the $23 6gb plan, been loyal forever, and referred so many people. This is how you repay us? Please fix this and offer the deal to everyone 

Nobody is forced to pay anything.  The $7 reward discount cannot be viewed as permanent.  If anyone can find a monthly plan for $8 is suitable, go for it.  

@Wayworn , while I was not happy with the rewards rug pull, I think I have done well for myself overall.  I came to this service in 2016 paying $40 a month.  8 years later, I am paying $34 and getting a whole lot more like CAN-US calling instead of province wide calling, 50GB instead of 4GB.  Other families and friends came for the $25,/1GB plan when it was popular.  Now those accounts are getting 20GB for the same money.  I am seeing a plethora of plans for $19, $20, $21, $22, $23.  This is all noise to me.  A dollar is more or less immaterial in the grand scheme of things, especially when inflation adjusted.  

slusagm

you can try asking PM to cancel that data add-on if it has not been used and not long ago

then when you are out of data, buy 200Mb instead 

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I thought that I had it all worked out. Started and still am on the $15 4g plan because in the nick of time found out that once I upgraded I would not be able to downgrade again. Bought 1GB of data just to have in an emergency where WIFI is not available. But now I find out that data doesn’t roll over and expires in only 30 days. Live and learn. 

funpig1

I am in BC. I currently have the $19 4G 1GB plan. The $23 4G 6GB is available to me and I have selected it for change on renewal. 

Unfortunately, the $19 and the $23 plan are not available for my spouse who is currently on the $29 4G 10GB plan.

My Dad is still on the $13 50 minutes talk/50 texts plan. Both the $19 1GB and $23 6GB plans are available for him for change on renewal. 

At this point, PM does not make the cheaper plans available to its existing customers. You can upgrade, but you cannot downgrade.

EB0

@Wayworn 

The biggest hit for long term loyal customers was the migration to the points system, it’s like $7 monthly increase in your bill, imagine you pay $8 for your $15 plan, and suddenly you are forced to pay $15, you can not feel that because you are new, however, you are now an exiting customer, you are facing the same issue of new activation plans only, welcome to existing customers group.

Wayworn

You seem to be a very kind forgiving person. I’m not affected with any of this because I’m a new member. Anyway I still feel bad on how PM is treating their long time loyal customers.

hi @Wayworn the Go-NoGo situation is not unique to PM 

some have family bundle plan with Rogers or Bell, they face the situation if they leave, they lose other bundle savings.  So, this is a case for everyone as well

No carrier will take care of their customers by giving them cheapest plan all the time.  Just follow the money 

Wayworn

From what I read , I feel for the long time  members that are now in an awkward situation. Their not allowed to take advantage of the “for new customers only” offers, their stuck for the long haul because they would lose their referrals and universary points, they can’t even port their number to another PM “for new customers “ plan. Wow ….. wow … they should be furious with the treatment they’re getting especially since they are long term customers. Doesn’t make sense that a large long time successful company can be so greedy for just — relatively- only a very small percentage of their revenue. 

EB0

@hTideGnow 

In the future m, everything is possible, PM may or may not give existing customers the option to downgrade or access to lower/basic plans.

The old $15 100 minutes 250mb is gone forever, even the new basic plan $15 unlimited calls and texts was not offered to existing customers, based on that public mobile may not give basic plans anymore

I hope I’m wrong.

Wayworn

The “ I think”  may be wishful thinking and not worth the change waiting for the “eventually “.  
ALSO ….. Since I mostly use texting and some voice I now realize, that for me anyway, data is nice to have but not necessary since WIFI is almost everywhere available for free. 

@EB0 wrote:

@Wayworn 

Anyone who is going to upgrade to $23 plan, may not be able to downgrade to a less priced plan in the future.

HI @EB0 

i dont know the details, but I would not too worry about that.  i think eventually , they will give us so basic plans.    I hope.. 

hi @Wayworn  but the $23-6GB plan is a decent one.  It is tough to rely on Wifi only.   

EB0

@Wayworn 

Anyone who is going to upgrade to $23 plan, may not be able to downgrade to a less priced plan in the future.

Wayworn

I may be wrong — but it seems to me that persons on the $25 1GB plans may not be able to choose lower priced plans such as the $19 or $23 plans. 
And that is the reason that I just in the nick of time cancelled my upgrade to the $23 plan and for the time being keeping my $15 no data plan. I’m now getting used to be using WIFI instead of data and also navigating when necessary by my car’s GPS. 

@EB0 wrote:

With this targeted strategy and the migration to the point system, there is no reason for anyone on $25 1GB 3GB to stay with PM

HI @EB0  but I hope  not many still on $25-1GB, they have many chance to change to a better plan.  There were the $19-1GB offered for over a month.  There was a couple days offering for $25-20GB (that is a 90 days term, so, pretty much $75 for 60GB for that 90 days)

HI all, 

So, we don't get all the same plans for every account like before?  is this confirmed?

eddieO

I think @will13am is on to the logic behind who get's these targeted offers. I'm in southern Ontario with the $34 Canada/US plan so it seems they are not interested in having me spend less so I don't get these offered to me but it looks like PM are encouraging customers with lower priced plans to spend more, all about filling their pockets while emptying ours

Wayworn

I’m in southern Ontario and did yesterday report that these plans (19 1gb and $23 with 6gb) were available to me. HOWEVER  I also noticed that lower priced plans may not be an option  if one decides to downgrade. 

Wayworn_0-1720879288767.png

EB0

With this targeted strategy and the migration to the point system, there is no reason for anyone on $25 1GB 3GB to stay with PM

@hTideGnow wrote:

I hope that does not mean it is a targeted offers like those sms people got

the $23 says Promotion, the $19 says Recommended

The "recommened" part doesn't mean much.  The site will always recommened a more expensive plan even if that recommended plan is both higher in price and includes less than your current plan.

If I were to venture an educated guess the answer would be no.  Why would Public Mobile offer you more for less in what appears to be a new targeted strategy.

Need Help? Let's chat.