cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribing with Public mobile while keeping my old number ( from a different provider)

Nestov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am considering to join public mobile but I want to keep my old number. I also want to know how long it takes to start using pub mobile after the shift.  Is the shift automatic or I will spend sometime deactivated as I wait for the new service?

I also want to discuss with any available agent the subscription options for recommendations 

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nestov yes, you can keep your old number and port (transfer) it to Public Mobile. During the process of setting up/activating your account you can choose a new number or transfer an existing number. To transfer your old number make sure you have the account number from your old provider as there will be a spot to enter it along with the name of your old provider and your old phone number. You will see a spot to enter your IMEI number, do not enter it, ignore instead as this usually causes issues during activation. It usually takes an hour to 2 for the porting to complete and then you are all ready on Public Mobile. 

Public Mobile is a self-serve company so they do not have any customer support to speak with on a phone call but you can talk with a customer support agent through chat or in a private message or you can seek help here in the community.

All phone plans are on the public mobile website but be aware that they offer some "new activation only" offers that you can stay with for as long as you want but if you change your subscription plan to something else often times the cheaper "for new activation only" plans are no longer available to you

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Nestov 

you'll download the free Public Mobile app to your cellphone, then you can activate your new acct. In the activation process, you'll be given opportunity to port in from previous network...just make sure it's still an active account. Port process usually takes only a few minutes ...but could take longer if your old number is from a landline or a voip number.

You could activate your new PM account to "test drive" PM...then when you're happy with the product, you can port in from old cell network...just don't cancel old until port to PM is successful.

Need Help? Let's chat.