cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20GB Competition.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So Public Mobile introduced the $50 • 40GB Plan in order not to lose any Customers to Freedom Mobile, and to also gain new Activations since Freedom was offering the same Plan. 

The Competition is great, the $39 • 20GB is also being competed on right now between Freedom and Public Mobile. 

Check this out, with Freedom Mobile the 20GB Promotion Plan has Unlimited Data with Reduced Speeds after 20GB.. while Public Mobile is a firm 20GB, with no unlimited but limited Data.SmartSelect_20230724_120743_Samsung Internet.jpgI made this post just to remind Public Mobile that 'It's time for something Different', so you guys should introduce Reduced Speed Unlimited with the 20GB, or even the 30GB to match up and win the Activations.

I also know people who would switch to Public Mobile if there was a cheaper 20-30GB 4G Unlimited/Reduced Speed Data.. instead of only the higher priced 5G 50GB...SmartSelect_20230724_120807_Samsung Internet.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s good actually, I bumped up my plan from 39 20gigs, to 45$ 30 gigs and unlimited throttle afterwards.. I never thought Id get such great plan below $50. but then public surprised me this morning..

@DennyCrane Great insight here! I'll be sure to share with the team. 

hi @DennyCrane over here too!

yes Freedom network is still not the same 

Thanks. Wow they're getting aggressive, which is great for competition. Hopefully it's not just temporary to put in a good show after the sale. 

Where do you see that? I'm in BC and the only plan I see that for is the $50/40GB Canada/US plan.

Screenshot_20230724-135914.png

Screenshot_20230724-135934.png

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They are bundling their freedom network and nationwide under one data bucket for all plans. I'm going to leave Public after this month.

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like the quality of Public better, & I barely use 10 gigs of data per month. 

By the time I redeem my $30 a year in points  (new rewards system) it equals to $2.50 off every month.  so before tax it’s equivalent to $36.50

• With Tax in BC, the freedom plan will cost $524.16 per year while Public will cost (including tax) $494.16 per year.

Another note- I don’t like third-party people clawing their hands all over my profile information. this is  why I like the self-serve aspect of Public. I feel safer from possible fraud that can come with having to deal with store or phone support workers to setup Freedom. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I'd choose 20GB with a hard cap on PM over 20GB (**with only 3GB available on their expanded/roaming partners networks**) with unlimited throttled data any day.

The Canada/US plan on Freedom is interesting though, as it allows the full data bucket to be used on their partner networks in Canada. But I'm assuming you still have that awkward hand off between their native network and their partner networks if you're at the edge of their coverage zones (which I am).

Also don't forget PM points or legacy rewards. PM for the win in my view. As much as I want them to keep competing, I think they've done a great job current state. It took them a while to expand Canada/US plans outside of Quebec, but they've done it now which I think is awesome. With discounts I get that plan for $44, which is incredible.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority 

we see PM chasing after Freedom on the US-Canada plan, but I don't think Freedom is what PM really keeping the eye on.  Freedom is a different beast in terms of network.  

$39 - 20GB 4G plan  is a MUCH  better plan over it's Tier 3 competitors and is as good as those offered by the Tier 2, I am not sure they will make much change to it.  In fact, I worry they might soon take it off 

But of course, PM has been aggressively updating his plan lineup, so we will never know.  Maybe a better plan is just around the corner 

Need Help? Let's chat.