cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data when in Ottawa

schnazz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all.

As stated, I have no data when visiting Ottawa. Having been 3 times in the last year, 2 to 3 days at a time, it is definitely a repeat issue. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this when travelling to Ottawa specifically or when visiting other locations away from home? 

I did read posts indicating 3g vs 4g connections have potentially different service quality, but I cannot remember what service my phone defaulted to. Will be going again first few days of August, so I can test, but if anyone has deeper input on the matter or can point existing posts, that would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

schnazz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just replying to my own Q.

In Ottawa now and followed prior advice from the community. Switching to 3g manually resolved data issues immediately. Appears that 4g network has definite issues in Ottawa. 4 visits in past 9 months, always the same issue. Quick fix, but why 4g has connection issues, I cannot say. Thanks everyone. Hope this helps someone.

Nocall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That link doesn't work, says Access Denied.

Moved:

unnecessary to repeat almost identical wording a post from a few hours ago

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My reception is always spotty in Ottawa, even with Bell. I think it's a result of the high population.

Message the CS_Agent and if they don't have a solution, it may just be the network.. unavoidable with any Provider, unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.