cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200 minutes international long distance not working

Tolu23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello...I just purchased a long distance add-on but still can't call international numbers.

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tolu23 wrote:

Sadly yes I did take the second step of actually making the purchase.

It was only mentioned as a maybe because many people come here complaining about where their add-on is not realizing that they have to "buy" it again.

So now you have an add-on that will stay on your account until you use it up. Call the states at will. Some people have add-ons hanging around for years on end.

But maybe the mods might credit your account back. You decide.

Tolu23

Okay, thanks. I'll get a call card. 

Tolu23

Sadly yes I did take the second step of actually making the purchase.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use Wi-Fi apps like WhatsApp, Skype, or Textnow to make international calls.

@Tolu23 wrote:

Oh noooo...I guess I just lost $8. I actually wanna call Nigeria. So I can't call Nigeria even with the 400minutes plan?

Thanks for your help.

You won't be able to call Nigeria using any of the PM long distance add-ons. Best bet is to check your local 7/11 type of store to see if they have calling cards available.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tolu23 wrote:

Many thanks for your help 

@Tolu23   You can ask moderators for a credit which can be used towards your next payment or another add-on if you have no use for US calling.   Here's a link to submit a ticket via SIMon the chatbot: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Tolu23 wrote:

hello...I just purchased a long distance add-on but still can't call international numbers.

@Tolu23   Did you take the second step of actually purchasing the add-on after first depositing the funds into your account as that is required? 

@Tolu23 : this is an excellent possibility for you. If you still see at least the $8 in your Available Funds then that money can just go towards your next renewal or other add-ons.

Tolu23

Many thanks for your help 

@Tolu23 wrote:

Oh noooo...I guess I just lost $8. I actually wanna call Nigeria. So I can't call Nigeria even with the 400minutes plan?

Thanks for your help.

Nigeria is not included in the 400 minute add-on.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tolu23 , the 200 minute add-on is for US and Canada long distance.  You need to get the 400 minute add-on package which includes international long distance.  

Tolu23

Thanks for your help.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tolu23 wrote:

@Tolu23   Did you take the second step of actually purchasing the add-on after first depositing the funds into your account as that is required?  Also the 200 mins is good for calling the US or domestically.  You need to purchase the 400 LD mins to call the limited number of countries on that add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

400 International Long Distance minutes $15

International countries include: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can only call US or Canada with that plan. If you want to call one of the listed countries you need the 400 minutes of International Calling add-on.

What country do you want to call ?

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes
Need Help? Let's chat.