cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phone numbers not receiving my calls and texts but every other number works fine

Nickson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since Last friday my son has been trying to call me and text. I did not receive any of those messages on my phone.  He is the one with the public mobile account.  Every other number is working on his phone but my number and his fathers number cannot receive his texts or calls.  We can call and text him but his replies do not go through. 

I had help from apple and my servis provider telus and they could not figure out why this is. We did not block his number. They said Public should be able to troubleshoot why this is. It is so bizarre, Is anyone able to help? He is 12 and we have to go away this week, i need his phone to be able to reach is before he leaves!

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nickson 

Best to eliminate either the SIM card or the device. First take you son's phone out of question. Put your son's pm sim card in your husband's phone and test calls and texts back and forth. If you still cannot recieve calls and texts from the pm sim card in your husband's phone then you know it's a SIM card issue. 

If there is no issue recieving calls and texts with the pm sim card in your husband's phone then put your husband's SIM card in your son's phone and see if you can recieve calls and texts from your son's phone with your husband's SIM card. If you cannot then you know it's a device issue.

If you can send/recieve with your husband's sim card then it will be likely something with the settings in your son's phone....is the carrier profile up to date? Keeping in mind pm uses the 3G network for voice calls while texts will work on both. MMS requires data to be enabled on the phone but no actual data ( plan data or add on data) to work as MMS data goes thru a separate server. But iMessage requires data to work either WiFi or mobile data (plan or add on data).

So consider if your son's phone is set to only send iMessage and he has no access to WiFi or mobile data then they wont be recieved until much later when he gets home on WiFi for example. Is it possible voLTE calling is enabled on his phone? So these are possibly some of the settings to look at....is SMS/MMS enabled? etc....

Does it require a network reset? If he can send and recieve calls and texts to other numbers then it's unlikely to be a SIM card reprovisioning issue. Are you and your husband both with telus? Your son's phone number is originally a pm phone number?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nickson   so, you are in Telus and your son in Public Mobile?

Try to swap the phones and the sims between you two and try to make calls again and see if it works.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nickson 

When he calls you is there a recording? Does it go to to voicemail? Ask your son to dial number directly and put a 1 in front.

Need Help? Let's chat.