cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2 autopay discount only once a quarter for 90-day plan?

TimC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have switched to 90-day plan last month. I just log in to my account and notice that the monthly discount on autopay that I used to have monthly is not happening for Nov (while I still have the loyalty and refer-a-friend discount in Nov even though next payment is Jan). Is it because I only have the autopay discount once a quarter when I have to pay? Or is it a miss?

17 REPLIES 17

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I think it would be more appropriate to say this is how it was decided to revise the reward issuance schedule.  I started this service with a 90 day plan right out of the gates.  Back then the autopay rewards were issued with the payment.  If you pay for 90 days, $6 was issued.  Compare these two scenarios, getting a 90 day plan for the next 90 days vs 3 x 30 day plans for the next 90 days.  The 90 day plan issues $2 autopay at renewal and nothing until the next renewal.  The 3 x 30 day plan would result in $2 autopay each payment cycle.  The two should be rewards neutral.  Personally I am at a loss why to explain why there should be a difference.  

Some of this confusion is Public Mobile's own doing.  I'm long though that the brand has overcomplicating things by offering 30 and 90 days plans, especially when the a 30 day plan often comes out as a promo plan that is comparable to a 90-day plan without needing to pay for 90 days at a time.  

When it comes to to the reward payouts, it used to that rewards were only paid during the renewal.  That's no longer the case, but as to why the change, the remains a mystery to me.   For the way that things are done now, paying out some rewards every 30 days but others every 90 days only adds more to the confusion.  Pick one or th other would be my suggestion to Pulic Mobile.  If some rewards are going to be paid every 30 days, make them all on that same schedule.

As for the numbers given in Self Serve, those can be relied on.  The numbers are often inaccurate and do not account for changes in the number of your active referrals.  It also fails to show that mosf of those rewards are paid in lumps sums.  Also when after changing plans, the system someimtes multiplies the rewrds by 3 (even if a 30-day plan is shown).

You and I are in violent agreement.  It does not have to be so confusing.  There is nothing wrong with offering a 90 day plan with an inducement.  Back in the day, the rewards payment structure worked fine with 90 day plans.  The memo about don't fix it if it ain't broke was lost somewhere.  

@will13am wrote:

I think it would be more appropriate to say this is how it was decided to revise the reward issuance schedule.  I started this service with a 90 day plan right out of the gates.  Back then the autopay rewards were issued with the payment.  If you pay for 90 days, $6 was issued.  Compare these two scenarios, getting a 90 day plan for the next 90 days vs 3 x 30 day plans for the next 90 days.  The 90 day plan issues $2 autopay at renewal and nothing until the next renewal.  The 3 x 30 day plan would result in $2 autopay each payment cycle.  The two should be rewards neutral.  Personally I am at a loss why to explain why there should be a difference.  

Some of this confusion is Public Mobile's own doing.  I'm long though that the brand has overcomplicating things by offering 30 and 90 days plans, especially when the a 30 day plan often comes out as a promo plan that is comparable to a 90-day plan without needing to pay for 90 days at a time.  

When it comes to to the reward payouts, it used to that rewards were only paid during the renewal.  That's no longer the case, but as to why the change, the remains a mystery to me.   For the way that things are done now, paying out some rewards every 30 days but others every 90 days only adds more to the confusion.  Pick one or th other would be my suggestion to Pulic Mobile.  If some rewards are going to be paid every 30 days, make them all on that same schedule.

As for the numbers given in Self Serve, those can be relied on.  The numbers are often inaccurate and do not account for changes in the number of your active referrals.  It also fails to show that mosf of those rewards are paid in lumps sums.  Also when after changing plans, the system someimtes multiplies the rewrds by 3 (even if a 30-day plan is shown).

Magtaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @TimC 

how does the 90-day plan work? Thanks

@TimC wrote:

I understand what you mean, that's why I see only Loyalty and Refer-a-friend reward for a month. What is missing is the autopay discount. If autopay discount is given too I am good with it.

The new system is programmed that all $ rewards for RAF and loyalty are applied at the end of the cycle and/or every 30 days. Autopay rewards are added to available funds in the afternoon before renewal night (night 30 or 90)

So you are at the end of a 30day cycle. In the afternoon before renewal / switching to the 90day plan your rewards for autopay: $2.00  , RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 are applied to your available funds. During renewal the system fetches (plan cost - available funds) + tax from your credit card.

Afternoon of day 30: RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 are added to available funds.

Afternoon of day 60: RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00 are added to available funds.

Afternoon of day 90:  RAF: $4.00  , Loyalty: $5.00  and $6 (3 x $2) for autopay are added to available funds.

Unless you have used some available funds to buy add-ons during your cycle, on renewal night your available funds are $33 from rewards (plus any funds you've manually loaded, of course). The system is taking  (plan cost - available funds) + tax from your credit card. 

Should you have decided to switch back to a 30day plan, say the $25 plan, the system would apply $25 from your $33 available funds.

This screen shot shows how the rewards are adding up over the 90 day cycle.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 11.21.49.png

@softech wrote:

HI @TimC 

did you make a Change Now plan change or Change on Renewal?

for change now , you will see some more rewards credited back to your account couple days after the immediate plan change

but for change on renewal,  it is correct PM gave you 1x the reward when you first change from a 30 days cycle to 90 days

Remember, rewards are earned at the end of a plan cycle.  PM will credit rewards to your account on the last day of the plan cycle.  These rewards will then be used towards your renewal on the following day.

Since you are moving from a 30 days cycle, you have only earned one month worth of rewards, and the 1 month worth of rewards will therefore be applied on your new renewal, in this case, the plan change for your 90 days.    

After you changed to the 90 days plan, you will be receiving the rewards as follow:

• sometime during the 90 days plan cycle, you will get $6 Autopay in one payment
  • every 30 days, PM will credit you the loyal rewards, friend referrals rewards and Community rewards, ie, you will get 3 separate payments in the next 90 days

HI @TimC 

Autopay discount is the more confusing one.  Some said they got all $6 couple days after change over to 90 days

Some said they got it closer to the end of the 90 days,

if you like, submit a ticket with CS agent and ask to clarify

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TimC

I understand what you mean, that's why I see only Loyalty and Refer-a-friend reward for a month. What is missing is the autopay discount. If autopay discount is given too I am good with it.

hi @TimC  the upcoming bill might not show everything

your current 90 days plan start in early Oct ?  It is now in Nov, do you see any credit to your My Account now?  if you see 1 month worth of rewards in My Account now, it is correct. 

You will see another one month worth of rewards put in to your Available Fund around early Dec

then you will see one more just right  before renewal, on Jan 9

TimC

TimC_0-1699990174345.pngTimC_1-1699990245576.png

I usually have $10 discount per month, so first bill is $92 with only 1 month reward. The coming one is $64 and I expect that to be lower. Even with the $8 credit again in Dec the total is $148 in which the 2 months' autopay discount of $4 is not shown, since monthly plan for 6 months should be $144

TimC

So autopay reward and loyalty / refer-a-friend rewards are deposited in different timing?

HI @TimC can you post your payment history for the last couple months so we can check if it was correct?

HI @TimC 

this is correct going from a 1 month to 3 months plan, simply because your have to earn your rewards first.  You finished a 30 days cycle, so you only have 1 month worth of credit

TimC

One more thing. I expect the autopay discount to be given to me at the end of the 1st month, like the loyalty reward and refer-a-friend reward, but I do not see it for autopay discount that's why I have the question

TimC

But I only get 1 month credit when I change it to 90-day subscription? So is the credit lagging or how does it count?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @TimC 

did you make a Change Now plan change or Change on Renewal?

for change now , you will see some more rewards credited back to your account couple days after the immediate plan change

but for change on renewal,  it is correct PM gave you 1x the reward when you first change from a 30 days cycle to 90 days

Remember, rewards are earned at the end of a plan cycle.  PM will credit rewards to your account on the last day of the plan cycle.  These rewards will then be used towards your renewal on the following day.

Since you are moving from a 30 days cycle, you have only earned one month worth of rewards, and the 1 month worth of rewards will therefore be applied on your new renewal, in this case, the plan change for your 90 days.    

After you changed to the 90 days plan, you will be receiving the rewards as follow:

• sometime during the 90 days plan cycle, you will get $6 Autopay in one payment
  • every 30 days, PM will credit you the loyal rewards, friend referrals rewards and Community rewards, ie, you will get 3 separate payments in the next 90 days

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @TimC 
Are you on the old rewards program or the new points program?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @TimC 

you get the 30 days discount this time only because you are going from 30 days to 90 days.   PM deposit discount to your account at the end of each month

so, on the following 90 days, you will see the 3 times discount on your account as a credit and when you pay for another 90 days renewal, you will see the bigger rewards amount deducted from the bill

Need Help? Let's chat.