cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock network

gaetanneouellet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

am trying to use my mom sim card to put in the motorola G pURE ITS ASKING FOR A CODE FOR THE NETWORK PIN

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

9 REPLIES 9

sg00

Most USA phones have carrier applications in them that can unlock the device (Android). Try removing the sim card and finding the app. These applications usually come pre-installed and cannot be downloaded from the Play Store. It contacts the carrier and determines if the phone is eligible to be unlocked. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@gaetanneouellet   Has the Moto G ever worked in Canada?

HI @gaetanneouellet 

if she can use the PM sim on the moto G, it could be your sim card.  Test your sim card in another phone

gaetanneouellet

but its asking sim provide pin when i put the sim card in it

gaetanneouellet

she has a samsung A52 going to a moto G pure using the same sim card to put in moto g pure yes she is public moblic

HI @gaetanneouellet 

yes, unlock Canada, US phone can still be locked, especially old phone

if you cannot find them for unlock code, you have to find a store to pay for the code, or you will need a new phone

gaetanneouellet

i bought this phone a long time ago it a usa phone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @gaetanneouellet 

and your mom was not using PM or Koodo or Telus,?  If that is true, the Moto G seems to be locked, you will need to call the carrier you got the Moto G from and ask them for an unlock code

another way to check is to put your PM sim card in another phone, do you see any error asking for code, too?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gaetanneouellet 

what was the exact error message? Depends on the message, you have to ask the PUK code from different places

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP" or "SIM not Supported"
          You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier help unlocking it.
           (Sorry, for this particular issue, PM support would not be able to help) 

If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM  Card, SIM cannot be accessed
         open message support here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
          or use this direct link to open Chatbot ticket:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6
            **Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you 
there.

Need Help? Let's chat.